- CHAPTER SIX

EDEN

THE CREATION OF ADAM

          Years had gone by since Eve escaped the High Evolutionary. For a while, Ayesha believed her child to be deceased. Eve's tracker had vanished the day she escaped, and there were no traces of Eve. The High Evolutionary had a meltdown, killing those who had protected Eve without mercy. More Sovereigs had secretly praised Eve as their true and rightful leader than expected. So many people died with loyalty to Eve—Ayesha couldn't believe it.

The bounty on Eve's head had been forced onto Ayesha. To show her loyalty to their creator, she had to push back her emotions and act her part. Just as Celestia had told her to do, that broke Ayesha for many years. She grieved the loss of Celestia and Eve and those who were once close to Ayesha. They were all gone. Leaving her empty once again.

The emptiness in Ayesha's heart couldn't be filled. Nothing but hatred came over her: coldness and a hunger for blood.

When the Guardians of the Galaxy practically caused much chaos to her nation, Ayesha felt that anger explode into a newfound obsession. Misfits and unwanted individuals had formed those Guardians. In their minds, they were saviors, but in Ayesha's head—they were a threat: nothing more but scum and criminals.

Not to mention, Ayesha had learned that P13 had lived. He was the one who started the war between the Sovereign and the Guardians. She had hired them to protect valuable batteries from an inter-dimensional monster known as an Abilisk. Rocket, with his sticky claws, stole the batteries for himself. Causing much rage and chaos. Despite all of this, Ayesha kept Rocket's identity hidden. His bravery to show his face around her gave Ayesha some sympathy.

Perhaps the thought of where Rocket had come from reminded Ayesha of Eve, or maybe she wanted to crush Rocket herself. Either way, she spoke no words to Evaluationary and did not dare to.

What Ayesha had neglected was the woman who stood beside Rocket. This woman with long, curly burgundy hair that touched down her back had a scowl on her face and refused to answer any despicable questions Ayesha uttered. The disguise made by Eve made her unrecognizable to Ayesha. The two had finally met again, and Ayesha unknowingly chased after her—yearning to kill the Guardians.

It wasn't until Eve's true identity had slipped months after the events of failing to kill the Guardians that Ayesha learned the truth, and so did the High Evolutionary. His anger could not match Ayesha's. He nearly killed her for keeping Rocket a secret and allowing Eve to slip through her fingers without knowing. To keep her god from destroying her planets, Ayesha suggests a new creation. Made from the same cloth as Eve. DNA left from Eve's original experiments had been kept in a vault. No one knew of this, not even Celestia.

In order to preserve Eve's prints, Ayesha called to keep samples. If Eve had died, they could have created another. One much more powerful and ideal. There was still hope.
The High Evolutionary liked this idea, placing the growth of subject A78 on Zenith, his most trustiest Sovereign.