9 - #TGIF

After days of planning and experimenting with TweetyTune, I finally finished creating the perfect victim for the Malibu Wolf.

Louise Constantine Stéphanie Claudine de Sardines was everything I wasn't. She had curly champagne-blonde hair, glowing skin with zero freckles, big blue eyes, killer cheekbones, and bee-stung lips—a popular feature among young TweetyGrammers.

A sense of accomplishment surged through me as I stared at the photo on my phone screen. "Alright, Louise. Time to introduce you to TweetyGram."

I opened the social media app to set up Louise's profile, but the first post on my news feed distracted me.

It was a selfie of Sera with her boyfriend at what seemed to be a fancy restaurant. She had one hand on his chest and another holding a glass of wine while he had his arm around her shoulder, squeezing her close. The Dimple Couple sported matching smiles, ones that were so wide their faces looked like they were about to crack in half.

tgif 💜

I could feel Medusa Lindsey peeking out of the darkness as I read the caption.

Sera was having a romantic candlelight dinner with her wholesome boyfriend. Bree was attending another fundraising gala with her charming boss. Meanwhile, I was eating instant ramen in my kitchen, wearing a ten-year-old tank top and shabby shorts.

On a Friday night.

All by myself.

A heavy sigh escaped me. Why can't I be just a tiny bit luckier in love?

I frowned at the question ringing in my head. The question had never crossed my mind before. Not once. Not since the May accident, at least.

What is wrong with me?

As I scratched the back of my head, Medusa Lindsey crawled out of the darkness and unleashed her vicious serpents. The next thing I knew, I was scrutinizing Sera's profile page.

TweetyGram allowed its users to organize their photos into albums. Sera, being the neat freak that she was, took full advantage of this feature. She had five albums in total: makeup and hairdo; friends and family; glam up; malibu, 90265; and s&m.

My eyes almost popped out of my head when I read the last album's title. She can't possibly post racy pictures on a family-friendly app, can she? It's against the rules!

The Sera I'd known was the perfect example of a good girl. She never cheated on her tests, she never skipped a class to buy a pop star's album, and she never even cursed.

But people changed.

Curiosity tingled in my fingertips, and I opened the questionable album first. To my confusion, all of the posts were G-rated photos of Sera and her photogenic boyfriend, whose perfectly sculpted face, sparkling ice-blue eyes, and toned physique led me to believe he was a fashion model.

It wasn't until I clicked on one of the photos and saw the tagged user's handle that I realized S&M were the initials of their names: Sera and Mitchell.

Oops.

Embarrassed, I quickly hit the back button. I was about to return to my settings page and switch to Louise's profile when Medusa Lindsey stopped me. My right hand moved by itself, and my thumb tapped on Sera's other album, the one titled makeup and hairdo.

Back when we'd been in school, Sera had managed to help out in her mother's beauty parlor, babysit her younger siblings, and become a straight-A student, except for eighth grade when that witch Mrs. Lemmon took over the art class.