𝟎𝟎𝟔 • 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐲

〘 :*¨༺ 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐲 ༻¨*: 〙

"You said it yourself, bitch."

ᴺᵒʷ ᵖˡᵃʸᶦⁿᵍ; ain't no mountain high enough - marvin gaye and tammi terrell

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

if you need me, call me
no matter where you are
no matter how far

ELLIE COUGHED a groan as she rolled onto her side. Tears leaked down her face, smearing the dust further across her face. Her back ached and her head pounded, her lips trembling as sputtered sobs left her. She got onto her knees and crawled towards a pile of sticks.

She cried as she clutched the burnt sticks in her hand, pulling them to her chest. Rocket kneeled down next to her, holding a handful of sticks as well. His ears drooped down as he leaned his head on Ellie's shoulder.

"I called him an idiot." Rocket muttered as Ellie's shoulders shook with her hiccuped sobs.

Xandar civilians crowded around the rubble of the ship, all horrified as Ronan stepped out of the smoke.

Ellie's cries subsided into anger as she turned to Ronan. Rocket doing the same as he stood up.

"You killed Groot!" Rocket yelled as Ellie's hair stood up, blue crackles sparking from her body. The two yelled as they charged at Ronan, who merely blasted them with a wave from his staff making them fly back and hit a piece of the ship.

"Behold! Your guardians of the galaxy." Ronan boomed as Ellie sat up, helping Rocket up as well. "What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance." Ronan continued as Rocket spotted the broken Hadron Enforcer and crawled over to it. Ellie quickly caught on and went over to help him. "People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand." Ronan yelled in a native language as he raised his staff.

Quill stood up and distracted Ronan by singing the pop song that was playing in the distance.

"Listen to these words." Quill told Ronan before he continued singing. "Now bring it down hard!" Ellie's brows furrowed in confusion as Quill started dancing to the song.

"What are you doing?" Ronan asked, very confused.

Ellie and Rocket were able to fix the Hadron Enforcer, Drax putting it on and getting ready to shoot it.

"Dance-off, bro. Me and you." Quill answered. "Gamora." Quill said as he held his hand out to her but she shook her head at him. "Subtle. Take it back."