What To Do....?

"I see." Nightmare was sitting across from you in his office. You had just told him of what happened while on the mission. "And he didn't attack you or seem aggressive at all?"

You shake your head, "No. He just stood there and made conversation. The things he said were odd. It felt almost like he knew things about me that I didn't." Fresh's words echoed in your head for a moment. I simply made a mistake before. And clearly you're too attached to correct it now. "I don't feel comfortable with what he said." You muttered after a moment.

"Well, Fresh is a very...." Nightmare trails off as if looking for the right words. "Interesting being. Its impossible to tell where his loyalties lie. Although he doesn't often cause trouble, it's still concerning that he approached the two of you."

Horror nods, "He is unpredictable." Throughout this little meeting Horror has been quiet, so his deep raspy voice catches you off guard, you almost forgot he was there. Well, that is if you could forget about a skeleton of his stature being next to you.

"But why would he be there at that time?" You asked with a concerned tone, "It has to be a coincidence right?"

Nightmare shook his head, "Everything that Fresh does is intentional, even if it doesn't always make sense. He's up to something. So what is it? Who is he working with this time?" As he spoke Nightmare leans back and crossed his legs. "until we know it may be best you lay low for a bit, (Y/n). Maybe work on your training some more while you're avoiding Fresh."

You had to admit, you liked the idea of staying out of Fresh's way, but you hated the thought of staying cooped up in the castle until it blows over. "Can't I try a few more mission, please?"

Nightmare's hand goes up like royalty hushes s room. "You're eager, that's good, but until we know more it's a huge risk. You will be able to go on more missions, but right now isn't the time. Give it a little bit before you go back out like that."

"Wait, train, prepare. Smart thinking. You'll be our of harms way" Horror echoes Nightmare's plan simply.

The two of them were right, maybe it was better for you to stay put for a while. Just the thought of running back into Fresh made your skin crawl. Now that you're thinking about it, could you defend yourself form him? You haven't been training long and you know nothing about him, so if you needed to you probably wouldn't do well. "Alright, I'll stay and train for a bit."

"You say that like you had an option in the first place." Nightmare said sort of grimly before giving a small smile. Did he just make a joke? "Go take your mind off of today, if Dust or Killer gove you problems let me know."

You nodded, deciding to also make a joke, "Or I can put them in their place myself."

Nightmare chuckled a little while Horror looked caught off guard by your comment. "That works too." Nightmare replied after a moment.

You and Horror leave Nightmare's office, Horror heading to his room with Mister on his heels and leaving you alone in the hallway. Silence filled the hallway for a breif moment. To no one;s surprise the sounds of Dust and Killer bickering echoed in the castle. At least this time it didn't sound so aggressive. Since you didn't really have any idea what to do with the rest of your day, you decided to see what they were going on about.

Following their voices you found yourself in the living room, looking over the couch and watching them play MarioKart. Killer was in 2nd place, Dust close behind as they tried to take down each other and Toadette who was in the lead. It was very amusing to see the two skeletons so focused.

"Stop throwing bananas at me!" Killer growls as he swerves away from Dust's banana and directly into a wall. "FUCK!"

Dust started to laugh as he zoomed right by him. "That's what you get for blowing me up last race!"