24. Morning Light

Summer was disappointed to discover that penetration didn't do it for her in real life the way it did in her fantasies

That wasn't to say it wasn't hot. It was very hot. And it did feel very good. Juniper was so patient with the dildo, searching for the perfect angle, the perfect movements. It was unbelievably sexy to watch. And the sounds-

So it wasn't that it didn't work for her at all. There was a point when Juniper had started playing with her clit, too, when she'd begun to feel so warm and tingly she thought she might get there. But the feeling hadn't grown, hadn't turned into more.

Maybe it was just because she'd already come twice before they'd even picked up the dildo. Maybe she didn't have a third in her.

"I don't think I'm going to come like this," she admitted.

"Yeah," Juniper said, like she could tell.

Maybe she could tell. Something had begun clarify for Summer as she watched Juniper touch herself. That had been hot, too, maybe the hottest thing they'd done so far: Juniper spread out for her, so uninhibited and relaxed that Summer felt lucky to witness it. And when she'd come, shining and wanton, Summer had no choice but to lean in and drag her tongue over those twitching muscles and through wet folds until Juniper came again for her, swearing and begging and beautiful.

But watching her had also been educational. It was hard to pay attention to anything other than how good she felt when Juniper touched her, but watching, she'd picked up a few moves to try. More illuminating than what Juniper had done with her hands, though, had been the discovery that Summer could tell, too.

There had been the obvious signs she'd noticed before - the talking and the cursing, obviously, and how Juniper's breathing went ragged and her eyes unfocused as she got close to finishing. But there were subtler things, too. Little hints like how her teeth caught her lip or her eyebrows gathered together right before she switched to something new. And also, importantly, the specific tenor of her moans when it was just right.

Now, confronting the first thing they'd done together that hadn't worked for Summer, the discovery crystallized. She'd been thinking of Juniper as some sort of sex goddess. Like through her experience she'd learned the one weird trick that could make any woman come in less than five minutes.

But maybe there wasn't any secret. Or rather, maybe there was a secret, but that secret wasn't some perfect combination of pressure and motion that worked every time. The secret was just... paying attention.

Caring enough to pay attention.

"You want to stop, then?"

"Yes."

The dildo slid out with a juicy pop that made Summer giggle. Juniper laughed too and tossed the toy aside, leaning up on her fists to catch her mouth in a hard kiss. Her curls had turned into a wild mane. Summer loved it like that, loved knowing she'd done it, and she buried her hands in it, dragged her fingertips over Juniper's scalp.