Season Two: Love at the Lodge

Thank you so much for reading Season One of the Crystal Peaks series! I hope you've had as much fun with Summer and Juniper as I have. If you want to share your thoughts in the comments, good or bad, I'd love to hear them! If you enjoyed the read, please consider adding this book to a public reading list to help others find it, too. You can also follow me and find my other books on my profile at ccstarfield.

BUT... it's not over yet. The story continues in Season Two: Love at the Lodge. While Juniper and Summer are working on their happy ending (and making it to the Olympics), Season Two will follow Holly's quest to save the Crystal Peaks and maybe fall in love along the way.

To make it easy for all of us, I plan to collect all (three, eventually) seasons of the Crystal Peaks series in this same book. If you already have this book in your library and you want to keep reading, you don't have to do anything except watch your notifications and continue to join us here on Fridays at noon ET (or whenever this glitchy app lets you see the updates).

Check out the cover and blurb for Season Two below, or skip to the next chapter to start reading now.

(fake dating, small town, sapphic nblw)

Holly James has spent their whole life in the shadow of their older sister, Olympic ski racer and lesbian icon Juniper James. Holly loves their sister, but they're tired of the comparisons. And after the disastrous end of their last relationship, they're even more tired of everyone asking when they'll start dating again. They have more important things to worry about, like making sure their beloved ski resort isn't destroyed by corporate greed.

When Holly crashes (literally) into a cute stranger from out of town, they find the perfect solution: lie about being in a long-distance relationship to get their well-meaning friends off their back. But word travels fast in small towns, and it turns out this stranger isn't just here on vacation.

It's been almost four years since Eddie Pelletier retired from professional snowboarding, but she still hasn't found her footing in a life without sport. After the woman she thought she'd marry leaves her, she jumps at the chance to help her uncle renovate his backcountry lodge near the Crystal Peaks Resort. A few months of mountain air and manual labour are exactly what she needs to sort herself out.

When Eddie finds out the local who ran into her truck has been telling people they're dating, she agrees to play along. After all, Holly can introduce her to people who could make the winter less long and lonely, and maybe a little harmless flirting (just to make it look real, of course) can help her get her confidence back.

This fake relationship isn't supposed to last, but with the holidays approaching and estranged family members wanting to reconnect, a pretend partner suddenly comes in very handy. It's not hard to fake affection, either, when the two of them get along so well. Somewhere between staged PDA and the gossipy dads who flood the outdoor rink, though, the lines begin to blur. Before long, it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't. 

Holly isn't ready to risk their heart again, Eddie doesn't know if she'll still be in town in six months, and neither of them would have agreed to this if they had better options. But it's hard not to wonder: are the kisses really just for show when they feel so warm?