Chapter 4: Counter-Earth

Nebula holds the file orb in her hand as it plays a hologram of the scientists operating on Rocket. "Start the incision here." The female scientist said and they start the work and the little Rocket cries out in pain. 

Everyone gasps in horror while Mantis starts to cry and Meredith turns around and hugs Peter, who places his comforting arms around her. "Keep calm." The female scientist said as they continue to operate. "Hold it still." The female scientist tells her assistant. "I can't! It won't stop moving." The male scientist said and Peter turns his head away from this and (y/n) covers her mouth and close her eyes, tears rolling down her face.

"Why did he never tell us about any of this?" Mantis asked, tearfully. "This is worse than what Thanos did to me." Nebula said, her eyes filling with tears, and Gamora looks at her then looks away. "Well, what about the passkey? Is it there?" Peter asked Nebula.

Nebula ends the video hologram then goes through files and (y/n) opens her eyes then looks down at Meredith, who was still hugging Peter. "It's okay, sweetie. It's gone." She tells her and Meredith turns back around then wipes her eyes then nose.

"No. But a file was removed today. Downloaded and deleted, a million characters in length. The biometrics say it was this man. Recorder B2H6." Nebula said as a hologram picture of the short, round man appears and Peter's eyes widen, recognizing him. "I saw this guy outside of records today!" Peter said and Groot hums at this as Gamora steps forward to read the information.

"Looks like one of the High Evolutionary's recorders." She said. "The High Evolutionary? The founder of OrgoCorp?" Mantis asked, confused, once she recognized the name. "OrgoCorp is just a way to fund his experiments that lie outside intergalactic laws." Gamora said. "He's created whole societies. Xeronians, the Ani-Men, the Sovereign." 

"The Sovereign?" (Y/n) said, questioningly. "Corners of the universe consider him God." Gamora said and Mantis turns away. "I am Groot." Groot said. "Yes." Nebula replied as Peter nods. "Yes, what? That he's Groot?" Gamora asked, confused. "He said maybe this man downloaded the passkey into the computer on his head." (Y/n) replied as she points cybernetic device on the side of the man's head and Gamora looks up at Groot. 

"Huh?" She mutters as Nebula zooms in on the man's head. "That could store the passkey." Nebula suggested. "We find him, we save Rocket." Peter said, determined, as Mantis types on the computer nearby.

"The High Evolutionary's coordinates." Mantis said as she points to her screen and everyone looks at her then (y/n) looks around at everyone. "Put the coordinates in the nav." She ordered Nebula, who shuts the orb off and starts to leave.

"Wait a minute." Gamora said as (y/n) walks forward, Peter and Meredith right behind her. "Are you kidding me? What he wants is that gutted badger in the Med-Bay, and you're gonna bring it straight to him?" Gamora asked them as she follows them to the main deck. "It's almost certainly a trap." Gamora yells.

"Trap isn't a trap if you know the trap is trying to trap you. It's a face-off." Peter said. "A face-off is a trap if you're facing off against a guy a thousand times more powerful than you." Gamora shouts as Drax and Peter go to put in the coordinates and (y/n) and Meredith walk to the chairs.

"Do you know who the High Evolutionary is?" Gamora asked, angrily. "Yeah, he's some dickhead who dissected our friend." (Y/n) said and Gamora walks over to her. "The High Evolutionary isn't someone you wanna think about messing with." Gamora yells. "We won't think about it when we do it." Drax replied.

"You know what? I don't care! Just drop me off with the Ravagers, and you go do whatever it is that you wanna do." Gamora shouts, angrily. "We don't have time for this." (Y/n) yells as she turns to face Gamora. "I'm not asking you. Drop me off with my people now!" She demanded as she got into (y/n)'s face.