Epilogue

About a day later, Gamora was standing on a balcony when Groot came up behind her. "I am Groot." He said. "Thanks. Just tell them I'm gonna be right..." she said as she turns to see it was Groot, but she could've sworn it was someone who spoke English. Groot fiddles with his fingers and smiles, shyly. "I am Groot." He said and Gamora was stunned for a moment before she smiles. "Yeah. It was good working with you, too." She said and she walks up, pats his shoulder and walks off.

"Hey, Gamora. Are you ready?" A Ravager asked as she walks up to the spaceport and sees (y/n) and Peter, who now looks back to normal. "Yeah." She tells the Ravager then chuckles softly as Peter and (y/n) walk up to her. "You know, I'm still not who you two want me to be." She said. "We know." Peter said. "But who you are ain't so bad." (Y/n) said, smiling as she has her arms folded across her chest.

Gamora smiles then walks pass the duo before she stops then turns to them. "I do remember, you know?" She said and (y/n) and Peter turn to her. "That you gave my name to your daughter's middle name. And I'm still honored that you did." She said and (y/n) gives a small smile. "And...I bet we had fun as friends." Gamora said. "Like you wouldn't believe." (Y/n) said and Gamora nods then turns away and smiles to herself before she walks towards the Ravager ship.

Nebula walks past her, grunts a bye to her and she grunts a bye back. "You guys okay?" Nebula asked as Gamora boards her ship. Peter and (y/n) share a look before Peter places an arm around (y/n)'s waist then looks at Nebula. "I think we need to talk to everybody." Peter said and (y/n) gives a sad nod.

"So, you guys are gonna leave?" Rocket asked Peter and (y/n) after Nebula got the Guardians gathered at the bar. "My mother died in front of me when I was eight years old, and I have been running ever since. I've also got a daughter who needs a normal life." Peter said as he looks down at Meredith and places an arm around her shoulder as she hugs up to him and Rocket frowns. "And I should've listened to my wife sooner. We're gonna need to take some time...and learn how to swim." Peter said as he looks at Mantis, who smiles.

"I as well." She said and everyone looks at her, surprised. "I love you all. I do. But my whole life i did whatever Ego wanted, and then, I did whatever the Guardians wanted. I need to go out and discover what I want." Mantis admits. "I'll come with you." Drax said. "No, Drax. That's the whole point." She said.

"But you need someone to protect you." Drax said. "I don't." Mantis argues, shaking her head. "Not in a bad way. Just because of your incredible weakness." Drax said. "Oh, my gosh, you're so frustrating!" Mantis said, annoyed. "Drax." Nebula said and Drax turns to her. "I need you here. We're building a new society. I need all the support I can get for those children out there." Nebula said and Drax gives her a tearful look.

"Today, I saw who you are. You weren't born to be a destroyer. You were born to be a dad." Nebula said and Drax chokes up a bit then nods. "So, you'll lead the Guardians then?" Rocket asked Nebula. "No. I'm gonna lead the city, make it the type if home I never had." Nebula said and Peter and (y/n) nods. 

"So, that's it? The group's over?" Rocket asked, upset. "No. Well, the Galaxy still needs its Guardians. And you will make a better leader than Pete and I ever was, Cap'n." (Y/n) said to Rocket, who was surprised by this. Then (y/n) takes her right arm, balled her hands in a fist and pounds her fist against her chest twice. Peter does the same as does Meredith, Mantis, Drax, Nebula and Groot as they all look at Rocket.
"I love you, guys." Groot said as he loos around at his friends.

Peter, (y/n) and Meredith, all wearing normal human clothes, walk along the streets of Pete's and (y/n)'s old neighborhood. Meredith was walking between her parents and grabs both of their hands and started to swing them back and forth.