Prologue

In the Red Shore City hospital, a (h/c) haired and (e/c) eyed human baby girl was crying in the baby room amongst other babies for her mother, but the mother didn't come because she died giving birth to the baby. Put into adoption, the baby waited for someone to pick her.

A few days later

A lion couple just came out of the gynecologist praxis with tears in their eyes. They just got the news that the female lion was infertile and couldn't get children.

"Clay, what do we do now?", she sobbed.
"I don't know, Ruby.", he held her in his arms as she cried.
They were about to walk towards the exit when they walked past the baby room. Clay saw it and got an idea.
"How about we adopt a baby?", he proposed to his wife.
She gasped, "Yes, and we will love her like our own. No matter how she looks."
They looked from the windows at the babies as a nurse approached them.
"Would you like to go inside?", she asked.
"Yes, we'd like to adopt one.", Clay said.

The nurse led them in as they looked at the babies. They couldn't choose but suddenly one of the babies cried which they heard. It was a cry they never heard before. The cry led them towards the (h/c) haired and (e/c) eyed human baby girl who was all along in the corner. As Ruby and Clay looked at her, they instantly fell in love with her.

"She's beautiful. I want her.", Ruby picked up the baby.
"She is.", Clay agreed.
They walked out of the room with the baby.
"Have you chosen one?", the nurse asked then frowned as she saw that they were holding the human baby girl, "Do you really want to adopt her? We have babies that represents more your type."
"Yes, do you have a problem with that?", Clay growled at her.
She gulped, "No, you can adopt her."
"What's her name?", Ruby asked.
"She doesn't have a name. Her mother died before she could name her."
Ruby looked down at the baby in pity, "I'm gonna name her (Y/N)."
"Well, I'll bring you to the responsible for the adoption."

Time Skip

The couple walked out of the hospital with the baby, Clay holding the adoption certificate.
"Welcome to the family, (Y/N) Calloway.", they said as the baby slept peacefully in Ruby's arms.

A few years later

(Y/N) was now (age minus 17 years) years old. During those years, Ruby and Clay treated her like their own daughter. They helped her walk, talk and even sing and play an instrument. She even sang together with them and wrote Clay's songs for his concerts and accompanied him.

But also tragedy happened. One day, Ruby got really sick that she couldn't walk and sat now in a wheelchair. (Y/N) did everything to make her mother smile through that sickness.

And then, when (Y/N) was nearly (age minus 16 years), she watched how Ruby died in her hospital room. At the funeral, (Y/N) looked at her mother in the coffin remembering what Ruby said before she died.

"Never forget, (Y/N). Don't let anymore judge you for how you look. Your father and I love you. No matter how look."

A few days later

(Y/N) sat on Clay's lap as they were still mourning Ruby's death.
"Daddy, will I have a mother again?"
Clay hugged her close to him, "Oh, sweetheart, I will never replace your mother. She will never be gone because she is here", he pointed at her chest, "In our hearts where she belongs."
"Yes, and as long as we remember her she will be with us."
"You're right, (f/f)."

(A/N (f/f) means favorite flower as nickname from Clay)

Clay looked at (Y/N) as she slept in despair. He needed time to get over Ruby's death. Without her, he felt lost how to raise (Y/N) on his own. So while (Y/N) slept, he picked her up and lay her in his car. He drove towards a children's home that would take care of her as long as he needs to get over. Just as he arrived, (Y/N) woke up realising that she wasn't home anymore.

"Daddy, where are we going?", she rubbed her eyes from the sleep.
"(Y/N), I need time to get over your mother's death and also how to raise you on my own. I'll put you into a children's home for the time."
"And how long do I have to stay there?"
"You'll be there for a year. By that time, I'll pick you back up and will raise you like your mother and I did together.
"Will you pick me up before my (age minus 15 years) birthday so we could celebrate together?"
"Yes."
"Promise?", (Y/N) held out her pinky.
Clay crossed his pinky with hers, "Promise."

A year later

(Y/N) spend a year at the children's home. It was a day before her birthday and waited at the door for her father to pick her up but he didn't come. She wasn't really popular by the others kids because she was different but she didn't care because she always remembered her mother's words. The only ones who liked her was the home responsible and a young lynx kid.

The next day, it was (Y/N)'s birthday. The whole home celebrated with her but she couldn't celebrate because her father didn't come pick her up like he promised. That night, she cried in her bed, sad about it, "You promised, Daddy.", she sobbed.

She waited a month.
He didn't come.
She waited two months.
Again, he didn't come.
She waited three months.
And again, he didn't come.

One night, (Y/N) was awake in her bed as the others slept. Slowly, she stood up and grabbed her bag that she had packed beforehand. She tiptoed down the stairs towards the exit. As she was out, she ran away. (Y/N) wanted to go back home but she didn't know where it was.

She ran and ran till she saw the sign showing that she arrived at Catalonia. She walked around the city but as all the animals looked at her weird, she got scared and ran. Turning to alley, she tripped and hit her head on something hard.

"Oh my god!", was the last she heard before everything went dark.

Hello my dear fans, I'm back with the second book of Sing. Since I didn't got the message to confirm I'll work at a confectionary stand for three weeks during the annuel fair of my country, I comfort myself by starting this book.

Comment if you like. No insults.