ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴀꜱʜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴍᴘᴜʟꜱᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴏʀɴ

I know I should be doing the whole intro thingy. You know, Y/N, the guy who used his speed for the wrong reasons, joined The Red Streaks Super Team after saving his life. But you all should know that by now so let's just jump right into this.

It was night time when Y/N entered S.T.A.R Labs with Cisco, Caitlin and Dr. Wells. Y/N had gotten himself a combo meal from a Big Belly Burger when Cisco told him that they were heading back to the lab and asked if he wanted to tag along. When Y/N met up with the three scientists, Cisco and Caitlin were in a very odd debate. "Check the math. Your dispersal models don't correlate." Caitlin argued.

"Uh, they do if you factor in the seasonal fluctuations in reproduction cycles." Cisco countered. Y/N raised an eyebrow.

"What exactly are you two debating?" Y/N asked.

"The average number of bugs you and Barry swallow in a day of running." Cisco answered sheepishly. Y/N rolled his eyes and drank what was left of his lemonade, which made a slurping sound.

"I look forward to seeing you accept your Nobel." Wells said sarcastically as his wheelchair increased speed. But the night turned sour when the four of them entered the cortex and saw Barry, battered and bruised on the floor.

"Barry?" Cisco asked in shock, as Caitlin rushed to his side.

"Barry, are you okay?" Caitlin called out. Barry groaned in response. Y/N sped over to the med bay and pulled a gurney over to Caitlin, who carefully placed Barry into it. After a quick medical scan of Barry, Caitlin was able to figure out what was wrong with him. "Thirteen fractures. That's a new record. And that's just in your hand." She explained, tightening a splint onto Barry's arm. "You also have a concussion, three cracked ribs and a bruised spleen." Y/N winced hearing that. "Even with your powers, you'll need a few hours to heal." Barry nodded.

"What exactly did you hit?" Wells asked.

"A man. A big, bad man." Barry said. "His skin changed when I hit him. Like it turned to metal."

"Interesting. A man of steel." Wells said, folding his arms.

"More like a Dude of Tin or Guy of Aluminum." Y/N mumbled, thinking that the title "Man of Steel" was unfit for a man of such petty actions.

"So you went after a meta-human alone?" Cisco asked. "Dude, why didn't you call us?"

"I didn't know what he was." Barry winced as he sat up. "Besides, I was off duty." Caitlin hummed at this, like she didn't believe him.

"Lucky he didn't knock out your teeth. Those puppies don't grow back." Cisco said.

"Strange thing is I feel like I knew him." Barry said.

"What do you mean?" Y/N asked.

"He said something that was familiar." Barry explained. "But he's gonna hurt someone. So how do I fight a guy that's made of steel?"

"We will find a way. Tonight, you heal." Wells ordered, wheeling off.

"Do you want a burger?" Y/N offered, fishing out a Double-Bacon Cheeseburger from his takeout bag.

"Sure." Barry held up his hand for Y/N to toss it at him.

(Timeskip)

Y/N eye's snapped open as he sat up from the bed in the med bay, the place he had been sleeping in ever since he had joined S.T.A.R Labs. He scanned the cortex to see nobody around, meaning he was alone. Dr. Wells was most likely doing something important, Cisco was probably getting breakfast, Caitlin was doing who knows what, Y/N didn't have a solid lock on her schedule, and Barry was most likely at work. Y/N stretched, and his joints popped before he put in his earbuds. It was time for some personal fun. He selected his playlist and hit shuffle.