ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴇʟʟᴏᴡ ꜱᴜɪᴛ

It was nearing Christmas and most people in central city were getting ready for it. Hanging up lights on their houses, putting up Christmas decorations, you know, the works. One man was hanging up lights in the cold, when three blurs of lightning sped past his house. He looked around in confusion, as we follow the three speedsters. Y/N was racing after the two faster speedsters, trying to keep up, while Barry had a look of determination on his face as he raced after a man in a yellow suit. But the question was, was he really chasing him, or was this some kind of game?

1 Day Earlier

Y/N was up early that morning, making pancakes for himself and Caitlin. Caitlin was still asleep, so he thought this would be a pretty good start to the holidays. The timer Y/N set went off, signaling that the pancakes were done. He used his super speed to stack three pancakes on a plate, just as Caitlin's bedroom door opened. "Y/N? What are you doing?" Caitlin asked as she saw the pancakes.

"Breakfast." Y/N stated, speeding the plate of pancakes to the table, along with syrup and butter. "It's almost Christmas, so I thought I'd make something nice. Since, you know. You were kind enough to let me stay here." Y/N confessed.

"You didn't have to do this." Caitlin said.

"Yes I did." Y/N insisted. He sat down in front of Caitlin as the duo ate there pancakes in content silence. Once done, Caitlin offered to drive him to S.T.A.R Labs. Y/N accepted, even though he was much faster than any vehicle Caitlin owned or could afford. It was nice, as Y/N and Caitlin had a few random conversations.

Things only began to look up when Barry arrived, bearing gifts. "Merry Christmas." Barry said, as he ruffled through the bag he held. "Just a small token of my gratitude for everything you guys have done for me." Barry began handing out gifts to Cisco and Dr. Wells.

"I think I speak on behalf of my colleagues when I say you've been a gift for us, Barry. You as well Y/N." Wells said.

"What's that?" Caitlin questioned the Christmas themed thermos Barry held.

"This is compliments of Iris." Barry explained. Grandma Esther's famous eggnog."

"That's what I'm talking about." Cisco cheered, as he raced to get cups.

"Ahem. Maybe later for me. Wouldn't wanna drink and drive." Wells said, as he wheeled away. Barry looked a little concerned.

"Did I say something wrong?" Barry asked.

"No." Caitlin explained. "This used to be his favorite time of the year, but the accident happened before Christmas, so it ruined the holidays. I'm gonna go get him a present. Maybe that will cheer him up."

"Actually, before you go, I wanted to give you this." Barry pulled out a small case and handed it to Caitlin. She opened it and gasped.

 She opened it and gasped