ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴜɢᴇꜱ

My name is Y/N L/N. I, along with The Flash, or Barry Allen, are not the fastest people alive. That title belongs to the man who killed Barry's mother and his son. But I promise that won't be the case forever.

Y/N narrowly evaded gunfire blaster at him VIA attack drone, before skidding to a halt. "That was too close." Caitlin said.

"He told me to make it hard." Cisco explained, as he sent the drone back for another run.

"Pretty sure he didn't tell you to make him dead." Barry said. He had done his training run, so he was on the sideline for now.

"Remember, this is just supposed to be a training exercise to improve Barry and Y/N's speed."

"Cisco, you gonna actually do something? I'm getting bored here!" Y/N said over comms. Cisco looked at Wells, wanting to accept the challenge.

"Okay, give him something more." Wells said. Cisco grinned, as he hit a few buttons on his tablet. Missiles unlatched and shot forward, blasting Y/N into the air. He groaned, as he pushed himself to his feet. He turned to face the Drone flying right at him.

"Why isn't he running away?" Caitlin asked.

"Come on, Dude. Run." Barry said, under his breath. Y/N looked down at his fist and clenched it. He vibrated his hand, and electricity sparked off of it. He sped forward, as he leaped into the air, and delivered a solid punch. His punch landed, and it tore the drone a part. As he landed, the pieces of the drone exploded when they hit the ground. Y/N smiled as he looked at his hand. He had been focusing on making this move practical, but his cells only had so much electricity in them before they were depilated, meaning he needed to let them recharge over time. So far, he's been able to use it twice a day.

"Very impressive, Mr. L/N." Wells congratulated the boy as he walked back. Y/N had changed out of his Impulse costume into his red hoodie, jeans, and sneakers. "Your reaction to stimuli at super-speed continues to improve."

"It's still not enough." Y/N said.

"It will be." Wells promised. "You both keep working like you are, you stay focused like you are, and you will be ready the next time Inertia and The Man in the Yellow Suit comes around."

"I think you mean the reverse-Flash." Cisco said, smirking. Both Caitlin and Wells looked at Cisco in disappointment. "What? He said it, not me. And he's right. Yellow suit, red lightning, and evil... the reverse of Barry."

"Meh." Caitlin said.

"Actually, I kind of like it." Wells said, surprising Y/N. Normally he'd either ignore the given names or voice the improper time for naming. Why did he like this one specifically.

"All right, I'm still ready for another round." Barry said. "How many more drones do you have left?"

"Two." Cisco answered. "And they've got lasers." Y/N's eyes went wide.

"No." He, Caitlin, and Wells said.

(Timeskip)

Barry came back to the lab that night with some dire news. "Captain cold is back?" Cisco asked.

"For a non-metahuman, Leonard Snart is proving to be quite the Nemesis." Wells said.

"He still has the cold gun, the one he stole from us, the one I built." Cisco said, angrily.