Chapter 5

My eyes clicked open from the sound of a lawn mower. An elderly man with large glasses rolled a mower around the grass, slowly stalking his way over to me. I don't think he was aware of my presence, so I freaked and jumped to my feet.
"What the!" The man exclaimed. I spun in circles, confused of my unlikely surroundings. I saw a barn and a small cottage, the grass was long and thick from where my feet were standing.
It started to come back to me, the torture of the black eyed inhumane people. I looked down at my slit wrist, to see nothing but soft skin.
"Wha..." I whispered, my mind disoriented to the confusion.
"Get off my property!" The man yelled, phone at hand.
I took one more look before I started running, ending up running through large fields. My breath was at a lost. A tan like gravel road peered through the tall wheat, giving me sight of where I was.
The sky was bright, sunny, a little too blue. My white tank top was stained with blood, leaving me bewildered to no scars across my body.
My throat had been dehydrated, sweat glands generating themselves in my forehead. There was a heat disfiguration of sight in the distance. My plan was to just keep walking.
Many hours came by before a man in a white truck had pulled up, watching me walk into the middle of nowhere.
"Now excuse me lil' lady what are you doing here in the middle of nowhere?" His annoying cowboy accent caused me to meet a gaze with him. He was around 40-50 years old, a big nose and a country hat.
"Um..." I stalled, untrusting of this stranger.
"Here lemme give you a ride. Where you off to?" He smiled, opening the door to the passenger side.
"I'm off to Lebanon." I hesitated to jump into the other side. His eyes widened with surprise.
"Lebanon! In Kansas?!" He shouted.
"That's not that far, and lucky for you I'm on my way to Beloit but still, honey, your in a different state." He murmured, starting the car and speeding off with me. Many hours passed, leaving me stranded in Lebanon.
Shit. I don't know where the bunker thing is I wasn't paying freaking attention! I freaked outside a gas station.
"Okay maybe a pay phone will help!" I ran up to a telephone booth, lined with a disgusting phone hooked up.
I don't know their number.
I sighed, one ad lined up on the side of the booth.

MISSING:
Name: Kathryn Lancaster-Winchester
Description: Brown hair, blue eyes, Caucasian female.
Last seen: June 15, 2015.
If found please contact 250-123-4567.

At that moment, I had panicked as many people looked at me.
Screw the phone!!!
I started speed walking to a hotel nearby.
No one loitered along the hotel, so I decided to use their pay phone instead.
I don't remember their number! What about Jody... Yes I know hers!!!
I gradually inserted a couple quarters into the dispenser, giving me the option of who I would like to call. I selected the specific dial numbers, leaving the phone ringing.
"Hello?" Her voice was grungy through the phone.
"Is this Jody Mills?" I begged, terrified of someone spotting me.
"Kathryn!? Is it really you?" She seemed to hold a laugh of surprise.
"Please help I woke up in a different state I'm in Lebanon now and there is Missing signs of me everywhere and I don't know where the bunker is or dad's number and-"
I stopped.
Why did I call him dad!?
"Okay where are you." Her voice held a stern tone, alerting me away from my thoughts. I glanced around to see Lakeshore Motel.
"Lakeshore Motel." I relaxed my tense body, knowing no eyes laid on me.
"Be there in a bit." She hung up, leaving a bye lingering on the tip of my tongue. I seated myself on the sidewalk lining the phone.
I impatiently kept bouncing my feet, bored and nervous out of my mind. Eventually a police car pulled up, causing me to dive behind a sign looking like an idiot.
"Kathryn, it's me." Jody giggled, opening the other door.
"Shit Jody you scared the fuck out of me." I cursed, still uncomfortable from the scare.
"Hey watch your language you're only 15."
"Ahem, 16." I spat jokingly.
The car ride was silent, my eyes wandered the outdoors.
"Jody?" I quietly mumbled, turning my head over to her.
"Yeah?"
"Everyone keeps saying 'I'm surprised you're still alive', what does it mean?" I let my eyes lean to the window, staring at blurs of green.
"Well Kate, I can call you Kate right?" She reassured the nickname with me.
"Yeah it's fine."
"Okay great. So anyways, the real reason people keep saying that is, you've died before." She brought unbelievable news to my ears.
"Um excuse me? Died? Why am I still here?" I couldn't make sense of her words, overly concerned on this insanity level.
"You're going to have to ask your dad about that." She ended, stomping on the break and disengaging the engine. Sam and Dean were perched on the hill, Sam running down to our arrival. Dean remained not interested. "Kathryn! Kathryn are you okay? Where were you?!" He legitimately shouted, spinning me around uncontrollably.
"Please put me down, please leave me alone." I mumbled, tears started to trickle down my cheek. I pulled the vault door open, leaving the world to be on my own.