Chapter 10

I could only remain silent. Utter shock lingered through my head.
"Wh-w-why...." Was the only word I managed to release from my trembling body. Dean sighed as he finished gauzing and bandaging the cuts in my skin from the glass.
His eyes were so fixated on the self inflicted scars, which gave a bit of discomfort.
"I'm going shopping, that can get you out of the bunker for a while if you'd like." He shrugged, handing me my dark blue sweater to hide scars. I nodded patiently, speaking a few words.
"Okay, just let me grab my thinner sweater..."
He gestured me to the hallway.
"I'll be in the garage!" He shouted. I didn't respond, just kept walking. I quickened up my pace, I could feel Sam's stare come upon me as I passed his bedroom door, wide open.
My eyes watered as I started jogging down the corridor into my room.
Stop it. Stop it me. He is nothing but drunk it's all your fault. You're not the victim. You're the crime.
I shrugged to wear off my thoughts and packed my $500 credit card into my pocket.
I met Dean in the impala, his eyebrow was furrowed.
"Didn't you go to change?" His eyes narrowed, I tried to think of an excuse.
"I decided it's too cold." I whispered, glaring into his green eyes.
He rolled his eyes and ignited the engine, pulling out of the garage into an open clearing in the middle of a forest. I brightened up to see the outdoors yet again.
"Geez I was locked up in there for so long I forgot there was an outside." I said sarcastically, pushing my thoughts away.
"Eh? I wouldn't doubt it I mean, you haven't left the bunker for about a month." He chuckled when he pulled into a trail that lead to a road.
"So anyways, where do you want to go?" He pondered, I could see a snarky comment build up as I responded: "Just drop me off at the mall."
He bursted out into hysterical laughing.
"You're a mall rat!?" He didn't believe me one bit. I shook my head with a smirk on my face, my 'you're such an idiot but I'm to nice to say it out loud' smirk.
Something I haven't done for a while.
A true smile (A/n: rhyme intended cuz why not).
Around a 15 minute session of full out laughter happened before he pulled up to a mall. It wasn't run down but very gorgeous. Modern window panes.
"Do you got any money?" Dean spoke clearly.
"I got my ways."
"Okay just don't get arrested!" He laughed as he pushed my door open.
"I'll be here at 7:30." His voice wavered but I took my ignorance to it.
I nodded before walking into the mall.
The first store on my right was Urban Planet, reminding myself I only had 2 outfits I've been constantly re-wearing. I sighed before opening the glass doors that welcomed to the hip clothing.
||Time Skip||
In the end, I ended up getting a lacey crop top, 4 pairs of high waisted jeans, 6 cardigans, flannels, sketch pads, pencils and erasers. I had changed into the crop top and jeans, covering scars with the cardigan.
I stepped out of the stall, to hear a familiar voice full of surprise.
"KATHRYN?!"
No way...
"Amber...?" I looked at her through the reflection of the mirror, I froze in my tracks.
"What are you doing here? There is signs everywhere saying your Missing!" She shouted, phone at hand.
"No no please... Don't." I whimpered to see her sigh and put the phone back in her purse. She unnaturally decided to catch up with me, so we both agreed to an iced Capp at Starbucks.
"Really? You're with your dad!" She smiled strangely, almost as if she liked me.
"Yeah. Hows your singing career?" I spoke softly, sipping my coffee.
"Pfffft. Really. You beat me at every singing contest, what do you think." She retorted playfully as you might say. I held my hands up in a kind of surrender.
"Well, I got a gig at a coffee house on Sunday, but I can't write music or play an instrument." She responded politely.
"I could write you a song if you would like. And I really hate performing but if you can't find a guitar player I'm ALWAYS available." I kindly offered, hoping she wouldn't accept.
"Would you!? I thought you hated me." She seemed ecstatic. I nodded to the 'would you' and shook my head for 'I thought you hated me' just to confuse the shit out of her.
"Prank wars over?" I held my hand out to state an agreement, she took it.
"Over until December 24th, you got it?!" She giggled, as I responded with
"Touché."
Once I stood up and was about to leave, I decided to take a look in a music store called WentWorth Music.
As I entered, I was bombarded by a flamboyant employee.
"What can I help you with?" He seemed jumpy.
"I kinda wanted a guitar." I smiled, pointing at the rack of classical acoustic guitars. One really caught my eye. A black outlined blue guitar, 3 plastic strings and 3 metal ones.
"Can I have this one?" I ran up to it when I noticed it was half off to people under 18.
"Yep this has..." He started.
Blah blah blah bra blah is all I heard as I zoned out.
"Thank you." I spoke as he got it down, and I carried it to the front desk.
||Time Skip||
I waited outside for Dean. I saw the impala pull in so I ran over to it, already hopping in with my millions of bags.
"Holy fuck you even got a guitar!" He screamed. I rolled my eyes as he started driving.
"You're drunk, aren't you." I mumbled, seeing his tipsy behaviour as a big tell.
"I had a few drinks but I can guarantee that I'm not drunk." He chuckled.
"Great. Are you going to throw a bottle at me too?" I mumbled to myself, but I think he could hear it.