Dad Died Again

"Hey, it's good seeing you again." Tommy greeted, bring me in for a hug.

"It's only been hours since we last saw each other."

"Doesn't mean it's not good to see you."

Today's plans is something I'm really looking forward to. We are going Christmas tree shopping. Megan and Dylan came up with the plan given that they were most excited about it. And because I get to see Tommy more.

Not only was he here but his family had gone to which resulting in Adrianna and Megan teasing him... and me... again.

I can't wait until those two start crushing on boys to tease them back.

"Yeah, you want to go do French on your girlfriend, Dylan?" Megan repeated after Adrianna. I bumped her shoulder giving her a look. She looked back to Adriana that shrugged.

Dylan ran away immediate hearing his sister.

"Megan! Leave him alone." Sara scolded taking her eyes off of Griffy. "And were did you learn 'do French?'"

My thoughts exactly. Even though, I would defend Karen with my life, I can admit her daughter isn't the best influence on Megan. Ever since those two started hanging out she's been more of a, how do I put this nicely? Well, she's been acting like a bitch.

"I'll go talk to him." Dad said.

I crossed my arm shaking at the thought of Dylan being taught by dad. As much as I love my dad, Dusty is the better person when this type of talk comes to play. Dad's more of a softy, we all learned this when he refused to teach Dylan to fight. So, him teaching young Dylan to get girls might not be the best choice.

"French, huh?"

I turned to my side where Tommy stood with a little tuff of leaves in one hand as the other held coffee cups. The grip strength he must have on those coffees is insane.

"What?"

"Your sister." He said. He licked his lips before explaining, "She said 'do French,' she seems a little young to know about that."

I nodded. "Oh, she is. Don't know where she heard it from."

Tommy chuckled seeming nervous. He had playfully bumped into me as he said, "Kids."

When he bumped into me, I finally took note of the leaves. I mean, I knew they were there but didn't pay much mine to it until now.

I furrowed my brows pointing at the leaves. "What's that?"

"Oh, this, uh," Tommy held the leaves higher. Looking at it... I think it's a mistletoe. "Nothing." He threw the mistletoe to the side with a smile.

I chuckled taking the coffee cup with my name. Tommy and I hung out around the trees, walking and talking mostly. Our hands would occasionally brush against each other leaving us in a flustered mess. I'm so glad Dusty and dad are occupied with Dylan and the whole 'girl talk.'

Speaking of, Dylan had ran past us almost making us drop our coffee. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

I do wonder what happened in that talk to have him run away like that.

———

The whole tree shopping didn't work out. Tommy and I had gone our separate ways since Dusty insisted we cut down our own tree. This was very illegal and was for sure gonna come back to bite us in the ass later. Mother Nature is petty like that.

Megan and Dylan seemed to be enjoying this which came to a favor to all of us.

"Can I yell 'Timber?'" Megan asked stopping at a tree.