Chapter 7

-Megan

Miss Knowles pulled up to some park. "A park?"

She took her keys out of the engine. She got out of the car and then proceeded to walk towards her trunk. She opened it and grabbed a blanket. I got out as well and walked by her.

"Do you see that hill?" She indicated a hill located behind the park. "We will head over there, where I will spread out this blanket for us to sit on. We can choose to engage in conversation or sit together in silence. My intention is for you to rejuvenate your mind and concentrate on the positive aspects." She said and then smiled at me. She put her hand out so I could hold it and follow her.

I took her hand. "Okay.." I said.

We approached the hill, and she laid out the Blanket for us to sit on. Gesturing to a specific spot, she invited me to sit and shared, "I often come here during difficult times. The city view brings me serenity."

"Serenity?" I didn't know what that word meant.

"Serenity means 'peaceful' or 'calm'. This view brings me peace, It's better at night though." Miss Knowles said.

My phone went off. I looked at it to see what it was and it was Monie texting me.

I sighed

I sighed.

"Your parents?" Miss Knowles asked.

"My sister texted me. My momma and dad got into an argument." I said while showing her the messages.

Miss Knowles frowned and said, "Turn your phone off."

"What if my mom or sister texts me?" I asked.

"Since you informed them about your delayed arrival, I request you to switch off the phone so that we can enjoy the scenery together until you are ready to go home." She said while looking at me.

I giggled.

She scrunched her face at me. "What's funny?" She asked.

"I'm sorry it's just, you're so proper." I said.

She chuckled. "I'm used to speaking in a proper manner because I'm always working and I like to keep it professional."

"I've noticed." I said and smiled at her. "You're not working right now, so you don't have to be so 'professional' Miss Knowles."

"Okay, Miss Pete." She said.

"How do you know my last name?" I asked confused.

"Your mother told me, Miss Pete."

Throughout the entire time, she has been giving me eye contact, which I find cute. Despite my efforts to maintain eye contact with her, I cannot shake off this strange sensation that I feel when I do. So I occasionally glance at her before redirecting my attention elsewhere.