Chapter 28

-Beyoncé

*

Megan's mother invited me over to her house today, where she plans to prepare a large breakfast and encourage Megan to keep learning from me. I am currently almost 3 months pregnant, and my stomach is prominently showing. I am uncertain about the gender of my babies at this point. By the way, I am expecting twins. Thus far, my babies are healthy, and I will keep hoping for the best as I progress through this pregnancy.

"I love you, baby." I said to Shawn before walking out of his house.

"I love you too. Be careful." He said.

"I will." I said and smiled.

I made my way to Megan's place, experiencing slight queasiness which I managed to suppress. Usually, when I feel unwell, I hydrate myself with water and concentrate on my breathing. If I am unable to control the nausea, I allow myself to vomit and then rest by taking a nap.

As I prepared to exit the car, I hoped that everything would go smoothly. My main concern was that Megan wouldn't hold any negative feelings towards me and that she wouldn't think I disliked her. If she does agree to let me tutor her once more, I will make sure to make wise decisions.

When I knocked on the door, her sister answered.

"Ou." She said.

"Hello, Monie!" I said.

"Mm Hello...Misssss Knowlesssss." She said with a smirk on her face.

I chuckled. "What?"

"Can I say something...? It's a bit out of pocket.." Monie said.

"Hmm... go ahead." I said.

"You're sexy as fu-" Monie said before her mother cut her off.

"Go sit yo ass down at the table." Ms. Pete said while eying Monie. "I'm sorry about that, she has no filter."

I laughed. "It's okay."

After being invited inside, I settled down at the kitchen table but didn't spot Megan around. My mouth was watering because the food greeted my senses, and I eagerly awaited the meal. Being pregnant has increased my appetite.

"Megan!" Ms Pete called out. "Megan doesn't know you're here, so if she gives you any attitude I'll deal with it."

Megan walked out of her room.

"Hey Megan

"Hey Megan.." I said.

She looked at me and said nothing.

Ms Pete positioned the plates on the table along with glasses filled with ice water. Megan took a seat and observed me with her arms folded.

"So, Megan you aren't gonna speak?" Monie said while looking at her sister Megan.

"Why should I speak?" Megan said.

"Because it's respectful and it shows you have manners." Ms Pete said.

Megan blew her breath. "Hey."

I nodded and started to enjoy my meal, which consisted of sausage, eggs, grits, and waffles. The atmosphere was uncomfortable as Megan continuously fixed her gaze on me, while I attempted to engage her in conversation without success.

"I have to use the restroom." I said.

"Okay, Megan take her to the guest bathroom." Ms Pete said.

Megan smacked her lips.

As she guided me to the bathroom, I expressed my regret to her. "I deeply apologize for the offensive remark I made towards you. I was becoming frustrated as you showed disrespect in my own home. It was unfair and uncalled for to label you in such a manner. Moreover, I acknowledge that you are not ignorant your smart as ever. I genuinely hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

"Beyoncé, I can't even stay mad at you. I'm sorry for my behavior and disrespecting you. You're the best, and I apologize for not recognizing your good intentions. I forgive you..." Megan said.

"That was quick." I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Megan asked.

"I actually believed you would find it difficult to accept my apology. I assumed I needed to make a better effort." I told her.

"You just don't understand how much I love you.." She said lowly.

I peered into Megan's eyes as she embraced me tightly, prompting me to cautiously keep my hands on her waist to protect both myself and my babies from any potential harm.

"Stop, I just need to hug you." Megan said while trying to hug me tighter.

"Megan you can't hug me like that.." I mumbled.

"Why?" She asked.

"I just ate and it might make me throw up." I lied.

"Oh, sorry." She said while loosening up her grip.

Once I finished using the restroom, I joined Megan's mom in the living room and engaged in conversation. Eventually, she managed to persuade Megan to let me tutor her again.

"Thank you for coming." Ms Pete said.

"Anytime!" I said with a smile.

I'm surprised everything went well. After Ms Pete hugged me, I left as I had a scheduled doctor's appointment to ensure the well-being of my babies. Unfortunately, Shawn couldn't accompany me as he was away, attending to something for his great grandma's birthday.

"Good day, Miss Knowles," the doctor greeted. "Your babies are in excellent condition, with a healthy heartbeat!"

"Great!" I said.

My sole desire is for my babies to be in good health. I also wish for a strong bond with Shawn, and I hope for Megan to attend college and achieve the success that I am confident she is capable of.

Caressing my stomach, I showered affection upon my little ones. "Mommy will shower you with love and ensure you have an incredible life. I'll indulge you and fulfill all your toy desires. Daddy will shield you and dedicate quality time with you."