Chapter 41

-Beyoncé

*

As I lay next to Shawn, I thought about his recent tendency to become easily provoked and his increased anger towards me. This behavior is unlike him, and it has led to a decrease in my affection for him. I long for the person he used to be. Although losing our babies affected him more deeply than me, I can only hope that he sets aside his pride and loves me as he did before.

As I shifted onto my right side, I positioned myself towards Shawn and moved closer to snuggle. Unfortunately, Shawn let out a groan and said, "Move, Bey." before turning away.

"Baby.." I whined.

"What?" Shawn mumbled

Embracing him and resting my chin on his shoulder, I express, "I understand that you've been dealing with stress, but could you please show me some affection? I miss the days when we spent more time together and you used to take care of me."

Shawn faced me. "Things change and people change too." He said.

"I don't feel loved by you anymore, Shawn." I admitted.

"Where is this coming from?" he asked. "You know damn well I love you."

"I've been feeling this way for a long time. I just didn't want to say anything because I thought maybe what happened caused you to act this way, but it's been years. We gotta move forward with life and start a new chapter. We can't let that bring us down and ruin our relationship." I told him.

After planting a quick kiss on my lips, Shawn left the bed. I made an effort to express myself honestly, but his per usual behavior, he closed himself off to me and disregarded my emotions.

I plan to visit Megan's house today to spend time with her and take her out. But, I couldn't help but notice yesterday that she has been engaging in self-harm, which deeply saddens me. It pains me to think that she has been carrying guilt for years, and it upsets me that I thought she didn't genuinely care about me.

"Where are you going?" Shawn asked.

"To the library to drop off some stuff." I lied,

"Okay. I'm gonna be out for a while, I'll be back late this afternoon." Shawn said.

"Okay." I mumbled. I picked up my phone and purse.

Taking a seat in my car, I chose a song I wished to listen to before pulling off. Upon reaching Megan's residence, I exited the vehicle and approached the door to knock. With no response, I was about to depart and return to the car, but it was then that her mother appeared and answered the door.