Prologue

Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington State

Date: 6/26/2030

Time: 0839

1st POV

Well hello, I guess. My name is Floyd Salem, but my team call me Sal, and I guess I'm the main character of this story?

Me and the rest of my team just got back from China and Operation Collapsing Economy, which is self-explanatory.

I should probably explain World War 3, yeah? Well, to start off, it began about a month after Ukraine won the war against Russia. Yeah surprise, surprise, well after about a month, China launched their invasion of Taiwan to which the U.S responded by backing up Taiwan. Soon North Korea joined in because well, it's North Korea.

Soon other alliances joined in such as the weakened Russia and other anti-West/US countries joined in like Iran and Syria and God who knows what else. My teams main focus was Operation Guardian Shield which was the operation to protect Taiwan. 

We were able to stop the invasion but according to China, due to our involvement, we're now at war with them... I think? I'm not really into politics so I think that's what they said and happened to which World War 3 sparked it's beginning.

Anyways, time to head back to real time, yeah?

...

...

...

David: Sal.

Me: Yeah Cap?

David: Go and bring Perez to the armory, something's up with his M17.

Me: Got it, c'mon Perry.

James: Yeah, I know.

Me and Perez or Perry as we like to call him walked through the base before arriving to the armory.

Me: You know what's wrong with it?

James: Pullin' the trigger and the trigger won't move. So, trigger malfunction/freeze.

I sighed wondering why the trigger ain't pulling.

Me: Did you find anything wrong with the trigger itself?

James: Nope.

Me: Bah! Alright, well head insi-

Soon Emergency Alert Systems and Wireless Emergency Alerts/Commercial Mobile Alert System alarms started to go around all phones and electronics in Lewis-McChord.

James: Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding!

Me: Get it moving Perez! Get to the bunker!

All around the base ran soldiers and marines panicking, running towards their nearest bunker.

Soon giant shadows were being casted over the United States.

Meanwhile on the International Space Station floated different nationality's, American, Russian, Italian, French, Spanish, Canadian and more watched as the entire United States were being consumed by massive Mega tsunami waves.