Chapter 11: Checkpoint Vale

Tuesday

Date: 9/10/30

Time: 12:00 Hours

Location: Main Operating Base Omega, Mt. Glenn

Currently Assigned Task/Role: Clear out all Grimm

Unit Designation: Kilo CO, 3rd BN, 1st Marine REGT, 1st Marine DIV. 4th Air Support Operations Squadron(Reactivation-2028). 54th Engineer BN, 173rd Airborne BDE. Convoy-Vanguard

Personnel ID: Captain Jackson Fall, Kilo Company Commanding Officer, Callsign Hammer 0-1, November Victor

It was a dark day as clouds covered the sky as it rained heavy, with large clouds and strong winds, seeming to be thunder clouds, but the mission was still to be carried out to allow connection with Vale City, thanks to some negotiations.

Currently Kilo Company was mounting up with 54th Engineer's Alpha Company to clear a path leading towards Vale, meanwhile at Glenn Field, the 4th ASOS was preparing vehicles just in case the marines or engineers encounter Grimm. Lieutenant Colonel Evan Holder, callsign Jag 0-1 was the commanding officer for the force of Light Combat Tactical All-Terrain Vehicle's (L-ATV), M939 Trucks, M1126 Infantry Carrier Vehicles (ICV) and a few M1132 ESV's (Engineer Squad Vehicle).

The force was of 440 marines and engineers, all fitted in 49 vehicles. 20 M939's carrying ten marines. 15 M1126 Infantry Carrier Vehicles, all carrying 9 marines or engineers. 10 M1132 Engineer Squad Vehicles carrying 10 engineers. Finally 4 Oshkosh L-ATV's carrying 4 marines each, as the leading and ending L-ATV's were modified and equipped with M134 Miniguns as the final Platoon loaded in. 

This was Convoy Vanguard. Sent to establish Checkpoint Vale, connecting Main Operating Base Omega to Vale City by destroying a section in the wall with explosives while also escorting vehicles coming in from the Vale Docks that will be used at Omega and another location.

(A/N) I hope I got that math right? That should be enough? If not. Shit.

Evan: Jag-1 Actual to Omega Command, Convoy Vanguard is Oscar Mike.

Omega HQ: Copy Jag Actual, proceed on mission.

Evan: Copy, Jag-1 Actual out.

The convoy then rolled out past the guarded gate as a few gave a wave a salute to each other. After a few minutes the team was getting closer to the wall, still with no contact.

Evan: This is Jag Actual to all victors, heads on a swivel. We had intel that Grimm were gathering here recently, no sign currently. Stay frosty.

Jackson: Hammer Actual copies all.

*BOOM*

Lightning had then struck down about a mile away from Vanguard Convoy as it spooked a few privates, and a corporal in the L-ATV's.

Joe: Fucking hell!

Meanwhile everyone else wasn't affected as the convoy continued forward.

Perry: Looks like it's thundering now.

Hammer 4-4 or Pinchas Shaw gave a response.

Pinchas: Lightning and thunder is a little scary, but not really. And I put a lot of emphasis in not really.

Joe: Piss off Shaw!

Pinchas: Whatever Thompson.

The gunner for the lead vehicle started to hear growling as he spun up his M134 Minigun.

Alpha Victor Gunner: I'm hearing some noises! Colonel!

The entire convoy started to prepare their Common Remotely Operated Weapon Stations (CROWS) with the rear gunner revving up his M134.