Chapter 12: We Work Loud Or In Silence

Saturday

Date: 9/14/30

Time: 08:00 Hours

Location: Main Operating Base Omega, Mt. Glenn

Currently Assigned Task/Role: [Not Available]

Unit Designation: United States Marine Corps (USMC), United States Army (USA), United States Air Force (USAF)

Personnel ID: Major Jackson Fall, 3rd Battalion Commanding Officer, Callsign Hammer 0-1

The promoted Major Jackson Fall walked through MOB Omega with Ryan who was holding a clipboard with all of the units current positions and tasks as the "War on Grimm" was now going on in full swing with the U.S Army now also being stationed in Omega to clear out Grimm on Sanus.

Now in usual times a Lieutenant Colonel would be serving as a Battalion CO, but with the outbreak of World War 3, the chain of command was slightly lowered in ranks. As such Jackson who originally going to be promoted in World War 3, got his promotion now.

Jackson: I need the 3rd Platoon of Kilo to mount up, I want 2nd Platoon to get ready for replacements while 1st stays put at the Vale CP.

Ryan: Yes Captain.

Jackson: 3rd Platoon will be deployed to Vale to help with some peacekeeping after the Vale Council allowed the corps to help with the most recent Red Fang uprising.

Ryan: What about the rest of the Battalion? I know I shouldn't be as worried about them, but I just want to know?

Jackson: I want India and the Weapons Company to deploy to the town of Coquina in Vacuo after they return from their patrol while Mike Company spreads out and deploys to any out lying villages to train local militia. While Lima Company will be on stand by for Regiment.

Ryan: Hm... yeah, makes sense sir. But what about the overriding of the radio waves?

Jackson: After the transportation of the states and the encrypted tech getting damaged after everything got shifted, we were able to re-encrypt everything, comms are secured once again.

Ryan: Wait, we were using unencrypted comms?!

Jackson: Yes, all of the tech needed to be fix, like the internet cables in the ocean that were connected to Europe, needing to be rewired to just the states now. Now to mention with the ground shifting to the ocean floor here, I heard parts of server rooms across the country got destroyed with some building being lifted leaving another half in it's original spot.

Ryan: But didn't-

Jackson: Listen Burns, we give off the idiocy of Kilo Company, I heard Lopez saying he was the non-thinker to that General of Atlas, but it's basic information they can't use against us, because everyone is a thinker no? Or about what deployment is, that won't affect us or them, it's just terminology the military uses.

Jackson looked to Ryan who looked slightly worried for information leaks.

Jackson: We're marines, when the fight is fair, we're failing. When we are losing we aren't fighting. And some basic information given to the enemy could make the fight even more fun. But who knows, we use some of the same terminology as those in Atlas like some ranks, but we have differences. As such we need to know what they know, what terms they use, how they use it, and such as that.

Ryan: I know sir it's just... how much information could have been deciphered from those useless CCT's.

Jackson: Only the information said through comms were heard, not to mention when I heard Lopez said the SF were deployed two months before us, but that was obvious, the news of them being on this continent was already out after the Pave Hawk crash. Don't worry Burns, anything important is still safe.