Chapter 7: Negotiation Delay

Monday

Date: 8/26/2030

Time: 1700

Location: Emerald Forest, Beacon Academy

Personnel ID: Specialist Floyd Salem, Callsign Raider 1-9

Status: Active

After the Menagerie negotiations were being processed and finished. Raider Team was once again reassigned, this time they were to escort Glynda and Ozpin back to Beacon Academy as the VNN stayed in the United States (Under government watch). Reporting to Vale from the United States. 

They were also to prepare the landing area and security of Ambassador Julian Marino as other units were preparing to deploy to villages to rescue any villages that could fall to Grimm. The transport consisted of 3 UH-60 Blackhawk's which had the 5 Valean's, David, and Floyd at the back while Raider Team was separated between the other two Blackhawks.

160th Pilot 1: Hawk 1-1 to Raider 1-1, we're approaching the LZ now.

David: Roger Hawk.

David then looked to the Headmaster.

David: Get ready, we're preparing to land!

Ozpin: Of course!

As the group flew through the air, Glynda and Ozpin still eyed Floyd with distrust. But as they heard clicking as they snapped back to reality seeing Floyd checking his equipment with David.

Daniel: Smokes?!

Floyd: Check!

David: Extra rounds?!

Floyd then checked his pouches.

Floyd: Check!

David: No jamming issues?!

Floyd then checked both his M17 and XM7 pulling the charging handle back.

Floyd: None sir!

David: Good!

Suddenly everyone felt the helicopter slow down in the air as they felt it go downwards.

Pilot 1: Hawk 1-1 to all stations, landing now. Ambassador Marino will arrive in 0100 when we depart! You remember your mission!?

David: Check!

Soon they all felt the helicopter stop as David opened the door revealing the students and other staff members waiting to greet them.

Soon all three Blackhawk's landed on one of the docking bays. One such team that was greeting the Headmaster's back were RWBY, after the Americans, Ghira, Kali, and the White Fang members left, they asked for a Bullhead back to Beacon, which they got.

Yang: Why are they here again!?

Ruby: I don't know!?

David: After you ma'am.

Glynda: Thank you.

David then watched as the 5 Valean's exit with him and Floyd hopping out right after. David then slammed the door shut as the Blackhawk's started to lift off.

Pilot 1: Hawk 1-1 to TOC, all Raider's deployed, we are RTB at this time, over.

Floyd: Alright, Headmaster.

Ozpin then turned to Floyd trying his best not to look anxious or at best angry.

Ozpin: Yes Mr. Salem?

Floyd: Do you have a secure place to sleep?

The two Head's looked to him.

Glynda: Why so sir?