Chapter 5: President's Out

Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Fort Lewis

Personnel ID: Specialist Floyd Salem, Callsign Raider 1-9

Date: 6/29/2030

Time: 0600

Floyd inside his barracks with a broken leg in it's cast, then got up alongside everyone else in his team as the other half of the Platoon was still out in Remnant.

Floyd: Ugh... fuck me...

David: Up and at 'em ladies! PT, 10 minutes, get freshened up. Floyd you're exempted.

Raiders: Yes Captain...!

Timeskip

Time: 0615

The 1st Battalion was now doing morning PT taking a light jog as in the main building revealed Ozpin, Glynda and the VNN Crew as they were allowed to stay.

Ozpin: Good morning Glynda.

Glynda: Good morning Ozpin.

Ozpin then looked to all of the soldiers from the 7th Infantry Division and SOF from the 1st Special Forces Group (SFG) to the 2nd Ranger Battalion and the 4th 160th SOAR Battalion on the other side of the Joint Base, train in their ways with their units as only the units that were out were elements of the 1st SFG, a Platoon of Rangers from the Regimental Reconnaissance Company (RRC), a Platoon from SEAL Team 3 and the Makin Island Expeditionary Strike Group.

Ozpin: It seems they take training serious.

Glynda then looked over to see the VNN preparing to record meanwhile far down the  base walked the General they had met, that being General Lewis Carter with Command Sergeant Major Seth Craft and Colonel Jack Mackel.

David felt the presence approaching and turned to see them walking towards them before turning his whole body right as the VNN started to live stream while a Major was answering their questions, the Major being Major John Lonsid. Floyd was also with the group, this time doing weapons training, or in other terms testing his reload time and disassembling the weapon and putting it back together. 

Lisa: Welcome and good morning Vale, this is Lisa Lavender reporting for the Vale News Network continuing the events of yesterday regarding a whole other army and land. Today we'll be covering even more questions regarding so.

Location: Beacon Dorms, Beacon Academy

Time: 0620

With both the Headmaster and mistress gone to the new 'nation' all students and staff were given time off, some taking it to relax, others using to figure out more about the United States.

Team RWBY had just woken up 20 minutes ago and started to research.

Ruby: How is there nothing about them!? We've searched for hooooouuuuursss!

Blake then turned back to Ruby.

Blake: Ruby, it's been 5 minutes...

Ruby: Well... I- uh... focus back on researching Blake!

Blake turned back searching for more before coming onto the VNN live feed.

Blake: We got something!

Yang: Alright! Time to figure out what's going on!

Lisa: Well, what is Mr. Salem doing, Major Lonsid?

The camera then showed Floyd taking a part his weapon before quickly reassembling it.