Chapter 9: Across Remnant

(A/N) The times are correct times, the events are just happening at the same time

Wednesday

Date: 8/28/30

Time: 07:00 Hours

Location: CIA Facility #1, Vale

Currently Assigned Task/Role: Diplomatic Protection

Personnel ID: Captain Jackson Fall, Callsign Hammer 0-1, Kilo Company Commander.

Jackson was currently with Ambassador Marino as they walked through Vale going to link with one half of Raider Team, that were left with the CIA operatives.

Jackson and Julian were now in a CIA facility as the two CIA Officers, Jack and Mason briefed the two on the trouble as Raider Team were around the room, taking security with the two CIA Contractors.

Jack: Mr. Ambassador, we believe you may be in trouble, sir.

Julian: What do you mean Mr. Canop?

Jackson: Recently, CIA Cyber Operations have found a... virus inside the CCT.

Julian: But what does that have to do with me?

Mason: You see sir, this virus would've been able to take control of the Atlesian robots, this had put you in danger alongside civilians.

Julian: Were we able to locate the source?

Mason: Sort of, sir. You see the only other thing we could find, was that the virus is related to a Queen of sorts.

Julian: A Queen?

Mason: Yes, a black Queen chess piece was at the center of this virus. Other than that, the virus was inserted manually, so we can't trace it to a location.

Julian: Does the POTUS know?

Jack: Yes sir, the POTUS was briefed of the situation and they are determining to pull you out of Vale for insurance.

Julian: Were we able to destroy the virus?

Jack: Yes, they had destroyed the virus.

Julian: Alright, what about the Grimm situation?

Mason: That cannot be disclosed at this time.

Julian: I understand, do they know when I'll get pulled out?

Mason: Yes, this Saturday is when you get pulled out, sir.

Julian: Alright, I'll prepare myself to leave.

Jackson: Is that all gentlemen?

Jack: Yes, that's all.

Jackson: Alright, Mr. Marino?

Julian: Right.

The two then stood up before walking up the stairs, out of the hatch and out the door as Floyd looked to a certain contractor.

Floyd: Mr. Graywood?

Dick: Yeah kid?

Floyd: Do you have any stories on Pat?

Dick: Patty? Yeah, I remember, first day he transferred to my team for SF. He was excited, that was also when he met Mikey.

James: Really?

Dick: Yup, those two got along real quick. And with David raising up the ranks with Mike following behind quickly.

Emmanuel: What happened to you?

Dick: Of course, I got promoted to Major, then Lieutenant Colonel and had to command the Battalion, so I got transferred, and of course, somebody had to lead Raider Team, and David was the best pick.