Too Soon?

~~Your POV~~

"L/N! Open up!" A shout and banging at your door disturbs your quiet and peaceful morning.

"Oi! Some of us like to sleep in!" You hear Oscar shout at them.

Geez. Haven't they learned yet? Other people live in this damn apartment building.

"Ya want me to grab it?" Bob groans softly.

"It's okay, I got it," You smile, giving him a kiss. "So much for a relaxing weekend."

You and Bob have been dating for two months now and he often finds himself staying with you at your place. He learned from Oscar that when he's not there your nightmares get very violent. He's even called Bob a few times in the middle of the night just to come make sure you wouldn't be alone. Oscar claims you're just more relaxed around him but the old man clearly saw how much you two cared for one another. Your nightmares don't disappear when he's with you but they aren't as violent and you're not usually screaming yourself awake when he's there. Three months have passed by since the both of you have been together and Bob has spent as much of it with you as he can.

He watches you get out of bed and leave the bedroom, pushing himself up and out of bed as well. He pulls on a pair of pajama pants and follows you out of the bedroom. You two haven't had sex yet but Bob likes sleeping in his boxers which you didn't mind after he told you. He pauses when he sees you in the door way of the apartment in nothing more than his shirt, his eyes widening in shock.

"Oooh! There's the man in question," Bob hears Johansson snicker. "How big is he?"

"Johansson!" You snap in annoyance. "My sex life is none of your business."

He strides to the door and pulls you behind him to hide you, shivering when he feels you lean against his bare back.

"Give us a few minutes to get decent," He declares before closing the door and locking it. "Geez, are all soldiers perverts?"

"Comes with the camaraderie," You tell him, returning his kiss when he leans down.

"Hmph. Hard not to be jealous when so many men like you," Bob grumbles softly. "I suppose we should get dressed. They probably wanna take us out to breakfast."

"Boo, I wanted your breakfast," You groan as you both head to your bedroom to get dressed.

"Did you know? Today marks our three month dating anniversary?" Bob grins, grabbing a small box from a pair of his shorts. "Here. I got it for ya."

"Bob, you didn't have to get me anything," You breathe, accepting the box and opening it.

Your eyes widen in surprise at the pair of dog tags in the box, pulling them both out and looking them over. Engraved is your name and Bob's along with an engraving of an m-16 and spatula crossing each other to form an X.

"Ya wear 'em all the time. Thought ya might like one that represents us," Bob explains nervously. "And we can match that way."

"Bob, they're beautiful," You breathe as tears fill your eyes.

He grunts in surprise when you throw yourself into his arms and hug him tight. You smile when he returns the hug, pulling back and pulling out the dog tags. One is already on a chain for Bob and you put yours on your chain with your army issued dog tags. You tried to take them off for a day but failed miserably. They're important to you, especially since the chain has lasted since you first got your dog tags. That's saying a lot after everything you've been through. You smile and pull out the one for Bob, motioning him to lean down. He does so and you place the chain around his neck, capturing his cheeks in your hands and giving him a deep kiss.