Stuck With You

~~Your Pov~~

"Bob, where are you taking me?" You chuckle, sitting in the truck with a blindfold as Bob drives. "Is the blindfold really necessary?"

"Absolutely. I can't let you see where we're goin' or else it ruins the surprise," Bob points out. "Just a few more minutes."

"What's the occasion for a surprise?" You ask, turning your head in his direction. "Am I missing an anniversary or holiday?"

"Not quite. It's way better," Bob says. "At least, I hope it is."

"Your surprises are always great. I look forward to it," You tell him.

Bob helps you out of the truck when you both get to wherever Bob is taking you. You trust him as he guides you around, smiling when he finally stops the both of you. You blink your eyes open when the blindfold comes off, your eyes widening at the surprise before you. In the middle of the diner is a table surrounded by rose petals, three candles illuminating the table with more on the floor surrounding it. You look to Bob who hands you a bouquet of your favorite flowers, a smile coming to your lips as you accept it.

"This is beautiful," You tell him with a happy smile.

"Yeah? It ain't nothin' fancy but I thought it would be a nice surprise," Bob explains with a smile. "I even made yer favorite."

"You can't keep spoiling me like this," You tease, sitting in the chair at the table when Bob pulls it out for you. He leaves you be and grabs two hot plates, setting one in front of you and another by his empty chair. He removes the domes and sets them aside before finally settling in his chair.

"I got some champagne. I ain't too familiar with them but Frank said this is a good brand," Bob explains, popping the cork on the champagne and pouring it into both your glasses.

"You took care of the cork like it was nothing. Your strength never ceases to amaze me," You chuckle, accepting your glass of champagne.

"Cheers, to us," Bob smiles, the two of you clinking your glasses together.

"Cheers to us," You tell him.

You smile and hold out your hand for Bob, happy when he takes it in his own. You two dig into the food that Bob made for both of you, feeling absolute joy as you enjoy the good Bob cooked. You have no clue if this is some anniversary thing or if it's just a cute date but you're looking forward to finding out by the end of the night. Bob seems to remember little things you don't pay attention to you, even managing to keep track of the dates, so he always found little reasons as to why he can spoil you. You're pretty sure that's just an excuse but you love it regardless. Usually he tells you at the beginning what it's for but this could also just be a because you can date. Regardless, you're happy. Really, really happy.

"That was amazing as always," You tell him. "You really are the best cook."

"Nah, I ain't the best but I'm glad ya like my cooking," He tells you with a soft smile. "Although, I can't compete with your baking."

"You're not a bad baker," You point out, taking a sip of your champagne. "You just have a little trouble sometimes."

"Says the master baker herself," Bob snorts in amusement. "You're much better than I am."

"I can't beat your apple pie cheesecake though. That is heaven," You groan softly. "So, what's the big celebration?"

"What in the world are you talking about?" He asks innocently, a wry smile coming to your lips.

"Usually I'd say this is just a great idea but you've been fidgeting all night long. Which anniversary is this one?" You ask him.

"I have not!" Bob protests with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.