Acquaintances

~~Your Pov~~

"B nineteen," Oscar calls out as he reads off the balls for the bingo game.

It's mostly the older folk here but there are a couple of younger people with their kids. You and Bob sit side by side with your bingo cards. You notice that Bob seems a little anxious around so many people and you make a note to yourself about it. Bob doesn't like crowded places. Got it.

"No one has gotten a bingo yet," Bob mumbles softly as he stamps his card. "Sure the game isn't rigged?"

"No, it's not rigged," You giggle back. "If it was we'd have a bunch of bingos already."

"Do we really have to do this every Friday night?" He whispers, stamping his card after the letter and number are called out.

"You don't have to but it's kind of tradition for me. Oscar and his wife did it to get me out of my apartment whenever I was home from deployment," You explain. "I don't have a ton of friends here but I don't want to move to the city either. Too many people."

"I get that," Bob tells you. "I don't have a ton a friends either. However, I am happy to come with you every Friday to do this. Means I get to spend that much more time with you."

"Really?" You ask him with wide eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely darlin'," He chuckles, giving you a quick kiss. "We could even be shoveling poop and I'd be happy as long as you're there."

"Ew!" You snort with laughter, your cheeks flushing red when everyone looks at you. "Sorry."

"Are ya this loud in the bedroom?" He whispers in your ear, snickering when you flush bright red.

"You're so mean," You huff back at him.

God, you love when he whispers in your ear. His voice is deep and it sends shivers through your entire body. Three months is only a short time but if you admit it to yourself, you're absolutely head over heels in love with Bob. He's amazing and better than anyone you've ever dated. Your anxiety makes you feel like it's too good to be true but you haven't found any red flags yet. Bob is everything you've ever dreamed of. You slip your hand into his and give it a gentle squeeze, Bob doing the same back. You both enjoy the evening together, neither of you getting bingos but you have fun anyway.

"Sorry you two didn't get a bingo," Oscar says as he drives the three of you back to your apartment building.

"It was fun anyway," Bob says, his arm around your shoulder as you both chill in the backseat.

"Any plans for dinner?" Oscar asks both of you.

"Not really. I need to go shopping," You tell Oscar, leaning against Bob.

"I have a roast in the crockpot. It's too much for me. Why don't you two join me?" Oscar offers, smiling in the rear view mirror.

"I'm down," Bob says, looking down at you.

"Sure, that sounds nice. Thank you Oscar," You tell him with a smile.

The three of you head to Oscar's apartment once you all arrive at the building, his apartment smelling amazing with the roast having cooked all day. He even makes corn and homemade potato salad as the sides, everyone settling down at the table to eat.

"This is amazing," You tell Oscar.

"Glad you're enjoying it," Oscar says.

After dinner you help Oscar with the dishes and putting leftovers away, leaving him and Bob alone in the kitchen to use the bathroom. You know this apartment about as well as you know yours. Sandra was an amazing woman and always made you feel welcome in her home.