♡Chapter 3♡

They spent the rest of the class planning out their presentation, like what key points they wanted to include, who was going to make and present what parts, etc. A few minutes remained of class before Espresso started to put his stuff away. "Well, we made good progress. But since this is worth so much of our grade, we should work on it as much as we can as soon as possible." He glanced at Madeleine, who seemed like he was listening very intently to every single word he said.

Madeleine nodded. "Okay, are you free after school today?"

Espresso hesitated. He didn't necessarily mean that soon, but it would probably be a good idea to work on it a little after school. "Yeah, I think so," He said, finishing packing up his stuff. "Is there a certain place and time you wanna meet?"

"What about your house?"

He looked up at him to see if he was joking or not. Who did he think he was just asking to come over? "I was thinking more like a library or something..."

"Oh, okay, sorry." He thought for a moment before speaking again. "We could go to my place instead."

"Jesus, this man is stupid." Espresso sighed.

"Unless your place works better."

"N-No! No," Espresso quickly said. "I-I don't think... That would be very good," He stammered. "Your place is probably better."

"Alright!" Madeleine smiled. "I ride the bus, so just follow me and I'll take you to my house."

Espresso nodded, realizing what he had just done. He just accepted an invitation from Madeleine to go over to his house. God, he hoped it wouldn't be too awkward.

People from around the room overheard their conversation and stared in shock as they realized some random nerd had been invited to Madeleine's house.

Espresso shielded his face from everyone.

The bell rang, and Espresso followed Madeleine towards the bus. He pulled out his phone to text Latte.

E: Hey, I won't be on our bus. I'm going home w/ someone for a social studies project

L: oh ok

E: Can you text Mother that I won't be home until later? Not like she'll care anyway, but still

L: why don't you text her?

E: She never responds to my texts. Plus she'll probably be in a better mood about it if you tell her

L: ok. Who is the person you're going home with anyways?

E: ...You won't believe it

L: ??

E: It's Madeleine

L: WJAT

E: I gtg, please text mother for me

L: YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME LIKE THIS, YOU'RE GOING TO MADELEINE'S HOUSE?1?!?!?1!!

L: COME BACK

Espresso smiled to himself as he turned off his phone and stepped onto Madeleine's bus. He followed him to a seat and sat down next to him.

"Who were you texting?" Madeleine asked as he settled down in the seat.

He looked up at him. "Oh, just my sister, Latte." He nervously pushed his glasses up, suddenly feeling a little nervous about going to Madeleine's house. "I needed her to tell my parents that I won't be home until later."

Madeleine thought about that for a moment. "Why didn't you just text them?"

Espresso said nothing. "It's complicated," He whispered as he stared out the window of the bus. He wasn't really in the mood to explain his life to Madeleine right now.