♡Chapter 14♡

"Alright, class, remember: No talking," The teacher said as Espresso took the test from him. He scanned over the questions as the teacher said something about hoping they all studied. He smiled as all the answers quickly came to mind. Espresso knew he was going to ace this test. So, he grabbed his pencil, ready to finish quickly and be the first student done with the test.

He glanced over at Madeleine. He was getting ready to take the test too. Espresso kept stealing glances of him, just to check to see what he was doing.

After a while, he turned back to his paper. He held his pencil, ready to answer all the questions. But instead, he moved to the margins and began to doodle Madeleine. There was just something about his floofy hair that looked so satisfying to draw.

After he finished one drawing, he drew another. And another. And another. He also drew one that had him and Madeleine holding hands. Espresso wasn't very sure how to draw himself, and he thought he made him look a little too similar to a potato, but it was okay. The Madeleine drawing looked amazing.

He kept drawing little Madeleine drawings around the paper. He glanced back up at the clock. It had only been thirty minutes, so he still had plenty of time to answer the questions.

But he kept drawings. He smiled, promising himself that he would get to the question eventually.

After what only seemed like a couple of minutes, his entire paper was filled with drawings of Madeleine. He giggled softly. The drawings looked absolutely adorable. Even though he wasn't a very good artist, he thought he did a pretty good job drawing Madeleine.

He glanced over to the questions. "I should probably start answering the questions now," He thought to himself, still smiling.

The teacher stood up. "Alright, time's up, class." He began to walk around the room, collecting the students' tests.

The smile faded off Espresso's face, and looked up in shock. He glanced over at the clock, expecting it to be only ten minutes after the time he last checked.

There was five minutes until the class ended.

He had just spent the entire time doodling Madeleine.

As a desperate last attempt to get anything above a zero, he started scribbling random answers and writing science stuff that he wasn't even sure was relevant to what was on the paper.

The teacher got to Espresso and Latte's desk. He picked up Latte's and stopped, staring at Espresso's paper. "Espresso... What happened?" The teacher whispered so that only he could hear.

Espresso trembled as he tried to remain calm. All he could think about was how much his grade was going to drop and how mad Mother and Father were going to be. His eyes trailed up to the teacher. All he could manage to say was a weak, "I dunno."

The teacher stared at his paper for another moment. "Come see me after class," He whispered before taking his test and moving on to the next person.

Latte was trying to talk to Espresso, but was just sitting in silence. "What's wrong?" The bell rang suddenly, and Latte stood up with her backpack, waiting for Espresso to do the same.

He stood up. "You go ahead. I'll be right there," Espresso mumbled as he shook ever so slightly. Fear was running through his brain as he stood in the almost empty classroom.

She nodded, still slightly worried about him. "Oh, okay. See you." She stepped outside of the classroom.

Espresso sighed before turning and walking up to the teacher's desk.

The teacher looked up, smiling. "Hello, Espresso."

Espresso could barely stop himself from bursting into tears, which was stupid and pathetic. He knew that if he said anything, he would start sobbing.