♡Chapter 4♡

Espresso felt someone shake him awake. He groaned slightly as he assumed it was Latte. He pushed the hand away. "Five more minutes," He mumbled, still half asleep. The bed was so comfy, and he was having an amazing dream. He never wanted to get up.

The hand gripped his wrist and yanked him up. He gasped as his eyes flew open. It wasn't Latte. It was his father.

Father's eyes narrowed as he pulled Espresso to his feet. "What are you still doing in bed? You're late for school!"

Espresso, who was still waking up, used his free hand to rub the sleep out of his tired eyes. "I'm... Late?"

"Yes, you're late!" He said angrily, letting go of him. "Well? Get dressed!"

Espresso stumbled a bit as he stood up, grabbing some clothes. He quickly put them on while his father complained in the other room. "Latte already left. She's at school, being productive. Unlike you," He sneered as he crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry, nobody woke me up," Espresso said as he put his shirt on. "I didn't know." But why didn't Latte wake him up? She normally did. Espresso grabbed his backpack.

"Just come on." His father grabbed him and pulled him to the car. They got in and drove toward the school. "Now I have to take precious moments of my life to drive you to school because you couldn't do something as simple as wake up on damn time. Does that make you happy!?"

Espresso yawned as he stayed silent. It was always best just to let Father get all his anger out. Espresso was just starting to fully wake up. In all the rush, he didn't have time to do anything but change clothes and grab his backpack.

He yawned once more. He didn't even get a chance to get coffee. It was going to be a long, tiring day.

His father pulled the car into the school parking lot. "Get out," He ordered. Espresso didn't waste a second, he was glad to get away from his father. He got out of the car, grabbing his backpack. "And you better get good grades today. Or I'll do something worse than throw you around a little bit."

Espresso froze and looked up at him in fear. He looked like he was telling the truth, and Espresso didn't doubt it. He nodded as he tried to stay calm.

The office checked him in as late and he hurried down the hall. It was currently between classes, so he had just enough time to swing by his locker and get the necessary things needed for the class. As long as nothing distracted him.

"There you are!!" Latte yelled as she jumped into his arms, hugging him so tight and so sudden that Espresso almost screamed.

"Jesus, Latte! What are you doing?!" He flinched as he tried to pry her off of him.

"What did you and Madeleine do yesterday? You were gone a really long time. What was his house like? Did you get to see his parents? Are you guys besties now?!" She jumped up and down as she yelled all this at the top of her lungs.

Espresso managed to worm away from her. "Shh!!" He cupped a hand over his mouth as he saw students begin to look at them. "Shut up! Why are you yelling?!" He hissed at her.

She tried to talk while his hand was over her mouth, but it just sounded like a bunch of muffled gargles.

"What?" He removed his hand.

"I said: because my baby brother made his first friend! I'm so proud of you!" Latte smiled.

Espresso crossed his arms giving her a look. "Madeleine is not my first friend. I've had other friends before."

"Name one."

Espresso hesitated.

Latte smiled as she shook her head. "See? I'm right. He's your first friend ever," She said, "And as your sister, I'm so excited for you!"