Chapter 12

NOLAN • POV

Matt called while Maseo and Reuben were in the shower, my phone vibrating across the coffee table beside our abandoned bowls of noodles and Reuben's long since melted cup of chocolate milkshake.

I shook my head, the sight of the melting drink of sugar making me berate myself for being more lenient than I intended to be with him and his sweet treats. Reuben was very slowly taking over my control and that was... confronting.

Picking up the phone, I swiped the answer bar, sitting up and stacking the bowls on the coffee table with my free hand. I reminded myself absently to warm up Maseo's bowl now that he was home from work.

We hadn't meant to eat without him, but Reuben was complaining of hunger and I wanted him to eat the noodles rather than the entire bag of salt and vinegar crisps he was nibbling on in the kitchen like a little mouse - thinking I wouldn't notice.

Eating without Maseo wouldn't become a habit however - dinner time was together time and it wasn't the same without him.

Reuben was also better behaved when Maseo was around, oddly enough. The tables had turned over the past two weeks, with Reuben mostly choosing peace and discipline whenever Maseo was present, eager to please his Daddy.

Not only was it adorably endearing, it also showed how much Reuben had come to understand and regret the damage his poor attitude was doing to Maseo. It seemed he'd finally decided to change for his Daddy.

I was proud of him, and I didn't mind dealing with spicy Reuben at all, since disciplining him was very much my kink. His naughtiness gave me purpose.

"Evening, Matt. Everything okay?" I spoke lowly into the phone, standing up with our abandoned bowls and drinks, balancing them in one arm and bringing them across the hall and into the kitchen.

"Hey, Nolan," Matt's friendly, familiar voice filled my ear and I smiled, setting about warming Maseo's dinner. "I'm just calling to check in. How are things going with Reuben?"

"They're going great actually. He's really improved, Matt, with his discipline and with his attitude. He's put in a lot of work and I'm seeing the results already. You'll have to speak to Maseo a bit more about his progress, but from where I'm standing, I couldn't be happier," I told him truthfully.

There was no hiding the pride evident in my voice or the smile on my face as I admitted that. There was always this thrilling feeling of accomplishment I felt whenever I had successfully trained a sub or helped a couple with their scenes that ultimately pushed them to a better place. But there was nothing quite like this elated feeling of success I felt having aided Reuben and Maseo.

Perhaps it was because Reuben had been so troubled and rebellious in the beginning, yet now was the sweetest fire-yielding submissive I'd ever had the pleasure of working with. Or because Maseo had seemed dejected and ready to quit in the very beginning, but now, was much more confident and sure about himself and his place with Reuben.

I liked them both - cared about them both. It meant a whole lot to me that by the end of this, they were happy. What the 'end' meant for me, I wasn't sure just yet, though I was coming to terms with the new feelings making themselves comfortable in my heart and I was never one to shy away from going after what I wanted.

Whether the two men who already belonged to one another were receptive to what I wanted was something I guessed I'd find out eventually, but for now, my focus was primarily on Reuben. He'd come so far, but there was still a little ways to go. We were now going to focus on his violence and behaviour towards the other submissives inside the club.