Chapter 14 - Epilogue

MASEO • POV

I thought it would get easier watching Nolan spank Reuben, but I was adapting to the type of punishment at a much slower rate than my eager boy and he was the one being spanked.

There was just something about watching his lean body completely subdued and helpless while he was struck, that triggered the fight or flight within me - that panic that had adrenaline sending my heart racing and my body tensing in response.

Protect him. Save him.

I knew logically that Reuben was safe in Nolan's arms, that he wouldn't be harmed anymore than he'd consented to. There were no malicious feelings behind his striking palm or threatening violence behind his intense blue eyes. Spanking was a way of delivering pleasurable pain and punishment at the same time, reasonable for a submissive like Reuben who needed a firmer hand.

But that being said... my boy wasn't as impenetrable as he claimed to be and I could only think of the abused child his Mama used to beat. Reu spoke of those times as though they were just another day, a memory no different than what he'd eaten for breakfast last week. That was somehow more disturbing because I never knew how he really felt about it all and that just fueled my protective fire.

What if he really wasn't okay?

I was Daddy. It was my job to keep him safe, even from himself. That's why I'd stopped spanking him. I'd thought I knew best, that I could stop that trauma from resurfacing. Of course, his trauma would never leave and I had only succeeded in depriving him of the attention he really needed.

Reuben was naked, having worked his way up to removing all his clothing now whenever he was ordered to bend over Nolan's lap. He was squirming, fingers grappling with the bedsheets, tears streaking down his red face as he gasped through the pain. Nolan's massive hand cracked against his ass and he shouted, lurching across Nolan's thighs only to be dragged back into place.

My boy's dark eyes were wide, reminding me of a doe's. His saliva wet lips were parted around his scream and then his whimpered count of the spank along with his gratitude for Nolan's spanking. "EIGHT! THANK YOU MASTER NOLAN!"

He was sobbing now.

Nolan paused, soothing his hand up the round curve of Reuben's rump, which was a deep shade of red with his handprints. They'd be purple in the morning. The force behind each smack was precise and powerful. He didn't fuck around or hold back, especially with Reuben and it was very clear to everyone that this was discipline.

Reuben wasn't meant to enjoy it and he didn't.

"Check in for me, Little One," Nolan rumbled, still caressing Reuben's battered ass.

Little One.

He'd started using the endearment more frequently and it was sweet. It made my heart jump in my chest. Reuben was far from little. He was tall and lean, with a strong figure, wrapped in colourful, intimidating ink. He was pierced and scarred and foul mouthed and rough.

But underneath the armour, there was still just a vulnerable twenty-three year old, learning to love and yearning to be loved. There was a boy who'd lay his life down for his bugs and make you hot chocolate when you were ill or fight a war for you if he needed to. It was that boy who needed nurturing and that nickname, Little One, did exactly that.

I watched Reuben sniffle through his sobbing. "Amber! Hurts!" He gasped. "Can I have my Daddy now? Please? Can I have him? I'm sorry!"

Fuck. I wanted to rip I'm out of Nolan's arms. I wanted shove the Dom away, tell him to fuck off, tell him that this was too much. I admired the man, I really did, but this... this was brutal.