•Selene•

Nerves shot through my body as I stood in front of the coffee shop. Today I was starting over. New job, new state, new apartment, new friends. The clouds covered the sky, a light drizzle sprinkling the concrete. I took a deep breath and stepped into the cafe. "Hi! Welcome to Moon Brew!" The cafe felt warm and comfortable. I smiled at the woman, her long blonde hair tied into a pony tail. "I'm the new hire, I start today?" Her face lit up as I spoke. "Oh my gosh! Hi! I'm Sophie!" I giggled at her enthusiasm. "I'm Selene." She waved me over and I made my way around the counter. "Let's get you clocked in and then we can talk about your schedule!" Her excitement had already diminished my nerves. She handed me a navy blue apron with a full moon on the left breast pocket. "I am the supervisor and am training you today, so let's get started!"

Luckily I had picked up the coffee and their slogan pretty fast. 'Thank you for calling Moon Brew, coffee so good it outshines the rest!" thankfully it was only for the phone orders. Sophie and I had quickly hit it off and were giggling as we worked. She showed me how to clean the machines, how to prepare the shop for the next day, and how to close. It was eight at night and I was exhausted but ready for my next day of work. "And, we're done!" I smiled at her as she turned the key, locking the door to the cafe. "I am so excited to work with you, I have a feeling we will get along perfectly." I smiled. "Me too, I'm excited to work with you also." She giggled and hugged me, shocking me at first but I gave her one back. "I will see you tomorrow, Selene!" I waved bye as I got in my car.

I opened my apartment door, the place was barely filled with my stuff, boxes littered the living area. Closing my door behind me and sliding off my shoes, I tossed my keys on the table I had set up next to the door. I hung up my jacket and walked over to the kitchen, grabbing my left over takeout from last night. I went into the bedroom that I would make mine and started setting up my room. First I set up the bed, putting it up against the window that overlooked the busy city. Then I set up my desk and placed down my supplies and then my computer. It felt like minutes had gone by but it turned out it was already midnight. I stretched and made my way to the bathroom to shower. It would definitely take some time to get this apartment looking like a home but I was ready for this change.

The next few weeks went the same, started at seven in the morning and ended at eight. Sophie and I became instant besties and I couldn't be happier. I was finally making progress with my apartment, the living room looked a whole lot better, a comfortable couch that came with me, a rug, and a coffee table were placed in the middle, the Tv was on the wall and sat on top of a tv stand. The kitchen was off to the left, it was pretty spacious, nothing fancy but it was a nice kitchen. My room was finally decorated at least a little bit, I still had work to do for the living room and the two bedrooms but it was a start. I would have to post an ad for a roommate which meant more work for me. I sighed and laid down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I can do this.