•Viola•

Thankfully my day was free of paperwork and contracts with other packs so I was able to sit down in the coffee shop. It was a good choice because I got to know more about Selene. She smiled and handed me my drink. "There ya go, it is weird to see you order something else." I laughed as I held my usual drink and breakfast that she had just made. "Thankfully I have today free so I thought I would come by and see my favorite barista." She blushed and waved me off, looking away as she busied herself with other things. "Please, I bet you say that to all the baristas." I shook my head. "Nope, anyway I will be sitting over there. Feel free to come talk to me whenever." She nodded her head. "Okay, if you're sure..."

After I had come in there seemed to be a rush of people and she seemed to be handling the stress pretty well. "Alright that will be seven-fifty." The man groaned. "For a large coffee? Are you fucking serious?" She winced at his tone but kept a smile. "I know its not a fun number to see but that is the price." He leaned forward. "Listen I am having a bad day, lady. I suggest you lower the price." Selene sighed and decided against arguing with him. Anger was boiling my blood. I glared at him and his hot coffee spilt over his shirt. "SON OF A BITCH!" I could see a small smile on Selene's face. "Are you okay?" He slammed the cup down and glared at her. "Do I fucking look okay, you dumb bitch?" I immediately stood up and made my way over.
Selene held up her hand, stopping me in my tracks. She smiled at the man. "You can leave that here. I'll clean up the mess but you need to leave." The man stared at her in shock. Sophie came out and smiled. "Leave, sir. Before we call the cops." The man grumbled and turned around, leaving his spilt coffee.

Selene took a deep breath and started cleaning the mess. "Are you okay?" She smiled at me and nodded. "Yeah! Of course I am. It happens quite often so I'm not taking it personally." I smiled softly as she finished cleaning. "Go finish your food! I'm fine!" I turned and went back to my table, slowly finishing my food. "Sel, I know you said you didn't know that person at the club and I don't want to push for any info but please tell me if you knew them..." I heard Selene take a deep breath. "I know her. She's my ex. I'll talk about it more later." I got up from my table and threw my trash away. "Bye, Viola! See you again soon!" I waved to Selene and got in my car. I wasn't expecting my mate to be human and I wasn't expecting how intense the whole mate bond thing really was...but the feeling was just how my mother explained it to me. The warmth you feel when you see them smile, how your mood increases just by being around them. I shook my head and buckled myself, smoothly pulling my car from its spot on the side of the street.

I groaned at Carter who had just slid over a document. "It's from the Dark Woods pack. They sent news of rogues in the area and needed you to know." I nodded my head. Pictures of the rogues highlighted. "I'll send them a letter, thanking them for notifying us." He nodded his head and left me alone to stare at the photos. I saw a few of these people at the club the other night and my heart started racing. What if them being around could hurt Selene? I quickly texted Sophie.

To Soph

Hey. Rogues are in the area. Selene needs to know about our kind before something happens and she's left confused and hurt that she wasn't  told the truth or is unprepared and could die.

Why were they even here? What could they possibly want with my city? I ran my fingers through my hair when my phone dinged.

From Soph

Shit! I've literally only known her for not even a few months! What if she hates me, Vi? What if she gets scared? I can't lose her...

To Soph

She won't hate you, Soph. That I can tell you with confidence. She could get scared, it's a real possibility but we HAVE to tell her.

Soph

Okay... I'll tell her...

To Soph

You got this!

I set my phone down and could feel my own nerves picking up. I couldn't plan this party. That would call attention to the pack...maybe a small party? One where its friends? I sighed and shook my head. I'd figure it out somehow.