•Selene•

I was happy it was Viola that we were seeing but devastated she was with someone else. Someone she's destined to be with. I sat on the edge of the bed in a room Sophie had led me to. She told me hers was right next door. The room was stunning. A vanity with a chair sat against a dark grey accent wall. There were some photos that were up on the other walls that were a lighter grey color. The comforter was a dark blue and the sheets were black, the pillows were satin and matching the color of the sheets and comforter. I walked over to a door and opened it, surprised to see a bathroom. A tub was up against the wall near a corner and a big shower was against the other wall. I looked at the deep tub and sighed. I would love nothing more than to take a bath right now. I shook my head and walked back into the room, walking over to what looked like a closet. I opened it and started putting my stuff away. Sophie packed a lot of my stuff in a hurry. How long was I going to be seeing this stupid figure?

A knock took me out of my daydreaming and I made my way over to the door. "Hey, I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay?" I smiled at Viola. "I'm still trying to process everything. How long am I supposed to be here?" She shrugged her shoulders and crossed her arms over her chest, leaning against the door frame. I felt all of my words, thoughts, questions, they all got stuck in my throat. She was fine as hell and my brain could not think with her just staring at me. I needed to keep my distance. She is already with someone, Selene! Knock it off! "So, what do you think?" I shook my head and looked at her confused. "I'm sorry, what?" She smiled and pushed herself off the doorframe. "I asked if you'd like a tour?" I smiled softly pushing down all the emotions I was feeling. "Sophie was going to give me one later." Her smile fell a little and I felt bad but I just couldn't deal with this new information and all of my emotions. "I'll ask her to leave out some things so you can show me some other time." Her smile was back and she nodded. "Alright. I'll see you at dinner then." I went to ask what she meant but she had already walked away. We were all eating dinner together?

Sophie came to my room as I was sitting on the edge of my bed and smiled at me. "I heard I was giving you a tour?" I smiled sheepishly and looked at my feet. She closed the door and walked over to me. "What's wrong?" I shook my head. "Nothing let's go explore." Sophie sighed. "Fine but you'll tell me eventually." I smiled as we left my room. "I will." We made our way out back to a beautiful garden where a couple of people seemed to be grabbing food. "Who are they?" Sophie smiled and linked our arms together. "They're pack members. They help with meals. Viola learned to cook from them." I smiled at the new information. That was actually kind of adorable. Sophie brought me around and introduced me to everyone. "Rose, this is Selene. She's my best friend and will be staying here with me and Viola for a while." Rose gave me a huge smile and wrapped me in a hug. She was an older lady and wore an apron that hugged her waist and that had first stains from picking up the vegetables. "It's lovely to meet you dear. I hope you like beef stew for dinner?" I felt my stomach grumble. "I love beef stew." My mouth was already watering. She laughed and gave me a wink. "It's a good thing that's what I'm known for." I laughed and Sophie took me around to the others. There was James, he was a baker and promised to make extra sweet cupcakes for me, then there was Amy, she was learning to cook and bake from James and Rose. She seemed excited to have another woman around the house. "Every time I come here Sophie and Ms. Viola are always talking business so it's never any fun." I laughed as she grabbed the basket of fruits and veggies. "I'm off to wash these. If you ever need someone to hang out with and explore the grounds I will be more than happy to accompany you, Selene." She was probably a couple years younger than me based off how she acted but I could tell we would get along well. "I will definitely talk your ear off." She giggled and walked off to the house. I sighed as Sophie brought me to a bench near a small pond. "How have you liked it so far?" I chewed on my lip and thought about it for a moment. The people I have met were very kind and seemed to know I was a human and didn't even mind. I mean hell, Sophie and Viola didn't mind either. I smiled and turned to Sophie. "I love it. I just feel like I'm intruding." Sophie grabbed my hand and smiled. "You are not intruding, Sel." I went to speak but a very irritated voice interrupted me. "Sophie, I need to speak with you. Now."  Sophie rolled her eyes and pulled me off the bench making me laugh. I turned to see Viola glaring right at Sophie. I looked at Soph, confused. Sophie leaned down and whispered in my ear. "She's possessive." I rolled my eyes and shoved her away. "Then I don't want to anger her. I'll see you later, thanks for the tour." Sophie looked at me confused as I turned and walked away. She waved bye as I made my way past Viola. "Hi, Viola." She smiled. "Hi." I walked past her and made my way back to the garden and into the house.

I sighed and took off my shoes, taking them with me to my new room. So she was possessive over Sophie...was Sophie her mate? Sophie said she didn't have one...well she didn't exactly say she didn't have one maybe she didn't want one? I set my shoes down and decided a shower would be best before dinner.

I hopped into the shower and felt all my muscles relax. It felt weird being somewhere else and taking a shower. I chewed on my lip and tried to process what was happening. Okay so Sophie, who is my best friend is a werewolf, the woman I have, had, a crush on is also a werewolf who already has someone which is possibly Sophie, on top of that I'm seeing a figure who seems to want me dead. I shook my head and finished up my shower, drying myself off and then changing into a pair of clean clothes. I dried my hair and let it hang down and air dry while I cleaned up after myself.

The door opened and I jumped as Sophie walked in. "Hey there!" She plopped on my bed and I sighed and slapped her with a pillow. "I could have been naked." She laughed. "I'd love to see it." She winked and I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. You'd be scarred for life. Anyway why didn't you tell me?" She looked at me confused. "Tell you what?" I sighed. "That you're her mate?" Sophie stared at me for a moment. "What?" I chewed on my lip and looked away. Why was I so sad? Viola never even gave me any idea that she was into me. "You're Viola's mate, right? Why are you pushing me towards her if that's the case?" Sophie went to speak but Rose knocked on the door. "Ladies, dinner is ready." Rose smiled and I immediately got up, following her to the dining area. The kitchen was downstairs along with the dining area. There was a loving are and then rooms off to the side. The inside was somehow even more gorgeous than outside. Viola sat at the table and a plate was next to her, and another at the other end. That was enough for me to know I was right.  I smiled at Viola and sat at the furthest spot away. I looked up at Rose who gave me a weird look. "What are you doing over here?" I shrugged. She looked over to Viola who was staring at Sophie.

Dinner was quiet which made me feel awkward. I decided a bath was exactly what I needed and locked the bathroom door. I sunk into the hot water, bubbles covering my body. Why would Sophie push me towards Viola if they were destined to be together? I sighed, the action making bubbles spread apart in front of my face. A knock on the bathroom door made me jump. "Selene?" I sighed. "Yes?" There was shuffling on the other side. "I need to speak with you." I sunk into the tub more. "I'll be out in a minute." There was a soft okay and I pushed myself under the water trying to calm my nerves and emotions.