•Selene•

My day just seemed to drag on as I watched customer after customer come in. Sophie stayed smiling and happy as each customer came in but it felt like I was being drained. "Earth to Sel!" A hand waving in front of my face made me shake my head. "Yeah?" Soph looked at me concerned. "Are you okay?" I went to nod my head but immediately regretted it as the room spun around me. "Sel?" I waved off Sophie and sighed. "I have some dizziness spells on occasion...I should be fine." She sighed and looked over at someone but I didn't have the energy to turn around. "Let's close down the cafe early. You're not driving." I nodded my head lightly and Sophie sent people on their way and put up the closed sign. I could feel tears stinging my eyes as she hung up our aprons. "I'm sorry, Soph." She smiled and wrapped her arm around my waist. "Don't apologize, Sel. Things happen. We are getting more staff soon so people can cover shifts and we don't have to work six days a week." I nodded and she opened the passenger door for me. "Let's get home." I sighed and closed my eyes as she lightly closed my door.

It took a few days for my energy to come back and I had stayed in bed, wishing that this would be over soon. Finally, I was starting to gain enough to work. Sophie had two more people hired and training by then and assured me that I didn't have to work until I felt one hundred percent better. I put my hair up in a ponytail and turned to leave the bathroom. I let out a scream as a tall dark figure with long black hair, golden eyes, very white teeth, how were their teeth so white? I shook my head and stared as it stood in the doorway. "Soon." It spoke in a deep and raspy voice. I went to ask it what it meant but the dark figure disappeared as Sophie came running to the bathroom with a pan in her hand. "What happened?!" I closed my eyes and put my hand over my chest. "I honestly don't know." Sophie eyed me suspiciously and relaxed. "Did something happen?" I bit my lip and sighed. Should I tell her what just happened? Will she think I'm crazy? I weighed my options in my head. I shook my head and shrugged. "I saw a spider..." she groaned and set the pan down. "I thought you were dying or something." I rolled my eyes and did my makeup.

Work was the same except that figure would appear whenever I was alone. Like last week, for example, I left the register to go use the restroom and as soon as I closed the door a sound made me whip my body around. The thing? Creature? I don't know but it was smiling and making its way towards me. "You won't be safe for long..." my body felt frozen as it turned into smoke. I was definitely going crazy. This is some weird form of sleep paralysis, right?

Days went by after that and I hadn't seen that figure and was starting to relax. Maybe it has something to do with my dizziness? Sophie had been driving us to and from work because she was worried about me and didn't want to risk me crashing my car. "Look I just think that you should make a move on her!" I went to respond but the figure stood in our apartment, making me stop. "Sel?" The figure walked up to Sophie and sighed. "Your friend can't protect you forever." It disappeared and Sophie was looking at me concerned. "What is going on?" I went to say nothing but she glared at me. "Don't say nothing!" She pointed her finger at me making me raise my hands up in surrender. I motioned to the couch and she sat down. "Tell me everything."

As I finished she was already in her phone texting someone. She was calling the cops or something that I was seeing things and I was going to be taken away forever. "Who are you texting?" She sighed and tucked her phone in her purse. "Looks like you'll be meeting my friend a lot sooner than I thought." I was confused as to what she meant. Why her friend? What was wrong with me? Was I going insane?

I felt weird as I got into Sophie's car. "Let's just get you there and then we can talk about this." I nodded slowly and looked out the window. I chewed on my lip as the city turned to trees and Sophie drove in silence, which made me worry even more. She loved blasting the music or just chatting so the fact she was speeding to get to wherever our destination was is beyond unsettling. "Soph, are you taking me somewhere so I get locked away?" She laughed and shook her head as she took a turn down a dirt road. "No, Sel. I'm worried this might be way more serious than you think." My eyes widened. "Than I think?! What could be more serious than a mental breakdown and hallucinations?!" She closed her eyes as she pulled the car over. "It could mean a lot of things and I don't want to scare you until we know for sure why you saw what you did." I turned to her. "Soph, my dearest friend, it is already too late for that. Of course I'm scared! This is the first time I've ever seen something like that and now we are driving to goddess knows where! I am freaking the fuck out! Will I be okay?" Soph smiled. "You should be fine but we can't stay at our apartment." I groaned and sunk into the seat. "You said goddess..." I looked at her confused. "Yeah?" She smiled. "I rubbed off on you." I rolled my eyes. "Don't say it like that. It sounds sexual." She snorted and drove back onto the road.

The winding road lead us through a thick forest that took my breath away, both from its beauty and its eeriness. The car slowed down in front of a beautiful silver gate with wolves engraved on the pillars beside it. Sophie clicked a button on her phone and the gates opened. That was fancy... she slowly drove through the gates and up the dirt road that seemed to stretch on forever. "Now...it's been so hard not telling you any of this and I totally get it if you're mad but please understand it was for your safety..." I looked at Sophie. My eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "What do you mean?" She sighed and parked the car. A beautiful mansion like home stood in front of us. "Holy shit!" I got out of the car and looked at the beautiful home, no, mansion, home? I honestly have no idea what to call it but it was beautiful. Floor to ceiling windows that had privacy screens or something so you couldn't see into the home, the door was glass and had a black frame with a black doorknob. It was something straight out of a movie and seemed like it was a more modern take on a cabin. The steps leading up to the house looked like they were cleaned every day, flowers were planted along it making the most beautiful walk way. The house had three stories and each floor had me even more curious. "I swear to everything on this earth, if this is your place and we've been living in that apartment," I put emphasis on that and pointed towards the road. "You bet your sweet ass I'm mad." She laughed and shook her head. "No this is my friend's house. The one who can tell you about their mate bond?" My head whipped around and stared at the house in shock. "They're one lucky person. Not that money is everything because personality is, but still!" Sophie giggled as she grabbed something from the back of her car. She tilted her head towards the door. "Let's go meet her." I nodded my head. Nerves and excitement seemed to be pumping through my veins. "Hey! We're here!" I heard movement and then a familiar voice came from the stairs. "Finally!"