•Selene•

I could tell something was making Sophie nervous so I spoke up. "What's wrong?" She shook her head and stopped the car at a lovely field. "I'm nervous." I giggled. "About what? Don't worry your feelings are valid but I'm me, Soph. There is nothing to worry about." She sighed. "It's not that. It's just... come on I'll show you." She pulled a blanket out of the back and laid it out. She pointed at it and gave me a nervous smile. "Sit." I rolled my eyes but did so anyway. "I'm not a dog, Sophie." She laughed...a little too hard at it making me look at her weird. "Come on that wasn't THAT funny." She shook her head and wiped her eyes. "Okay I need you to listen to me." She squatted down in front of me and took my hands in hers. Was she confessing? "There's something I have wanted to tell you for a while now and since you shared a part of yourself I wanted to share a part of me. You have become important to me really fast and it's actually kind of scary. You're my best friend and you should know that I'm a werewolf." My eyebrows furrowed and then I giggled. "A werewolf? Soph, that's not funny." She sighed and stepped back, a couple feet away from me. "I'll show you." She rounded her shoulders and I saw her eyes turn a golden brown. My eyes widened as she fell to the ground and I heard the snapping of bones. "Soph!" I was scared, not for my safety but for hers. I felt tears in my eyes as I saw her face morph into a wolf. Then it was over. There was a wolf standing in front of me. "Soph?" She nodded her big head and padded her way over to me. She laid her head down in my lap and with shaky hands I scratched behind her ear. Her eyes closed and she let out a huff. I smiled and looked over to the shredded clothes on the ground. "Can you change back?" She stood up with a final huff and licked my cheek making me laugh. She made her way to the trunk of her car and I heard the sound of her bones breaking and rearranging. She stepped out from behind the car and I covered my eyes. I heard her laugh as she saw me. "I'm clothed, I brought extra." I pulled my hands away and nodded my head. She sat next to me and sighed. "Are you scared?" I nodded and I saw her face fall. "Not of you! For you! Doesn't it hurt?" She looked at me shocked. "Not anymore but I've been doing this since I was eighteen, it's been a few years." I nodded my head. "Okay..." she smiled and I could tell she wanted to say something else. "What?" She sighed. "We became friends and roommates so fast that I was scared this would send you running away in terror. I was so scared." She let out a sob and I wrapped my arms around her. "Of course I'm scared. There's a whole world out there that I don't even know. But I am making myself clear that I am not afraid of you. You do not scare me." She sighed and hugged me back. "Thanks, Sel." I gave her a squeeze. "Thank you for showing me that. Also explains why you're five foot eight." She laughed and patted my head. "Yeah and you're just five foot three." I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Let's go home. I need to process this." She nodded and stood up, grabbing the blanket. "I can stay at a friends house if that's more comfortable?" I shook my head. "It's okay, I'll just need some time to process." She nodded her head and drove us back home.

I sat on my bed after showering and sighed. I had so many questions about what it was like. I didn't want to bother her. What was it like? Did vampires exist? Did hybrids exist? Was it like how TV portrayed them? Were there mates or was that made up? Questions swam around my head and I decided I'd write them down and ask her one a day.

When I woke up I dragged myself to the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth. I smiled as Sophie walked in. Her normal attitude about the morning. I giggled and handed her toothbrush to her. "I'm assuming you have questions." I nodded and finished up brushing my teeth. "I'm going to ask one a day so I don't annoy you." She smiled. "You can't annoy me but, go ahead." I sighed and chewed on my cheek. "Are mates a real thing? Or was that made up?" She smiled. "Good question to get out of the way," she grabbed the toothpaste and leaned against the door frame. "Yeah, they're real. You can't really explain the feeling you get when you meet them. So it's definitely way stronger than what movies and shows portray." I sighed. "Is it nice?" She smiled and shrugged. "I wouldn't know." I frowned. She looked at me with a small smile. "I do however have a friend who knows and I can introduce you to them?" My eyes widened. "Really?" She laughed. "Yeah now move I have to brush my teeth. No one wants a barista with bad breath." I couldn't help the snort I let out as I walked down the hallway to my room.

Who was her friend? I chewed my lip nervously as we stood at the register. "What's going on in your mind?" I shrugged. "Honestly nothing much I'm just burning with questions." She laughed. "Ask another one." I sighed in relief and turned to face her but the bell on the door rang. "Hello!" I smiled and waved to Viola. "Hi, you! Are you feeling better?" I nodded my head in response. "Yeah, thanks for that by the way. I didn't realize how much I needed it." She smiled at me. I wonder...if I was a werewolf would she be my mate? I shook my head and smiled. "Where'd you go?" I looked at her eyes and smiled. "In my own world. I'll make your drink." I quickly made it for her and lightly handed it to her. "There ya go." She smiled, her hand grazing mine sending sparks up my arm. I was probably imagining it and was just fantasizing. "Thank you." I nodded and she walked away. I let out a breath and Soph laughed. "You're such a cute dork." She ruffled my hair making me glare at her. "I spent time on this!" I fixed my hair and rolled my eyes.