•Selene•

The ad had been up for a few days, and I know every article said I would need to be patient but I couldn't help it. Rent was expensive and living alone was terrifying. "Selene!" I turned my head to see Sophie walking in with a piece of paper in her hand. I smiled at her and handed her an apron. "What's that you got?" She smirked and slid it over to me as she walked behind the counter. "Just a little ad I saw." I looked at the paper and smiled. "It's a great apartment! I thought someone would jump right on this!" Her hand grabbed the paper and dangled it in front of me. "I'll take it, my landlord is a dick and I've been looking for places. This is literally perfect!" I sighed in relief. "Oh thank god!" She shook her head and rubbed my back as I put my head in my hands. "What is it?" I took a deep breath and smiled. "I was kind of worried about a stranger moving in so this makes it less stressful." She clapped her hands and stood up straight. "It's settled! When should I move my stuff?" I shrugged. "The sooner the better." She squealed and hugged me, making me giggle. "I am so excited!"

I stood at the cash register waiting for one of the regulars. "Hey, Sel!" I waved at the man walking in. "Hi Michael!" He smiled and handed me his card. "The usual." He winked making me laugh. "Got it." I quickly grabbed the things to make his drink. "Hazelnut, mocha, and white chocolate." He moved to the side and rested his head on his hand. "Are you sure you're gay?" I snorted and slid him his drink. "Yes, I am one thousand percent sure." He groaned. "A win for the women." I rolled my eyes and cleaned up the station. "Whatever, go drink your coffee." He muttered something but walked away and sat at a table.

It was a pretty slow day today, only Michael had come in and that was several hours ago. I tapped my fingers on the table as Sophie sighed for what felt like the one hundredth time. "Today is fucking boring." I nodded. "Yeah..." we quickly stood up straight as the bell to the door rang. "Hi! Welcome to Moon Brew!" We both said at the same time. The woman smiled, she was absolutely stunning. "That's a nice welcome." She looked from Sophie to me, her eyes lingering on mine for a moment. She shook her head and put her hands in her pocket. "I'll take a pumpkin spice chai with oat milk." I couldn't help the smile on my face. Sophie put in her order and I made it, making sure to put care into the drink. "One pumpkin spice chai with oat milk." She smiled and grabbed the drink, her fingers grazing mine sending sparks through my arm. "Thank you," she looked at my name tag and smirked. "Selene." My face got hot and I waved her off. "You're welcome." She turned and walked out of the cafe making me let out a breath I had been holding. "The chemistry there is intense." I looked over to Sophie who had a playful smirk on her face. "Please, that'll be the last time I see her." I rolled my eyes and cleaned up the machines. "Oh, come on! You can't believe that!" I turned and glared at her while she leaned against the counter, her arms crossed over her chest. "I do, things like that never go the way I want them to." She went to ask a question but the bell rang again signaling another customer.

There was a rush of people who came in after the woman. I couldn't shake the thought of her. I groaned at myself as I put pastries away. I do this every time, it's getting annoying at this point. "What's wrong?" My head whipped to Sophie who was hanging up her apron. "Nothing, I'm just overthinking." Soph smiled and patted my back. "I don't know what it's about but it'll be okay." I closed the fridge and slipped my apron off. "I hope so."

I plopped down on my bed and sighed. Why did I torture myself. It had been a four months since I left my home and I was still thinking of Alice. I didn't think I could hate someone so much, but here I was. I rolled over and face planted into my pillow, I needed a distraction, I needed to find something to get my mind off of this.

I woke up early and got ready for work, I had barely gotten sleep so I was exhausted. I put my hair up and tried my best to cover the bags under my eyes. Driving to work was just the thing I needed because when I got to work I felt oddly energized. I rolled my shoulders and walked I , immediately seeing Soph. "Hey, you!" I smiled softly and walked behind the counter, slipping on my apron. "Are you okay?" I turned to Sophie and felt tears immediately burning my eyes. "Ah, shoot." I looked up at the ceiling and sighed. "Ex troubles." She gave me a sad smile and rubbed my back. "She didn't deserve you." I smiled softly at her. "Well she didn't want me anyway." I heard a slam and jumped as the woman from yesterday walked in. She seemed pissed. She took a deep breath and smiled at us. I quickly put on my customer service face and smiled back. "Same as yesterday?" Her face immediately changed into a genuine smile. "Yeah." I noticed mine had done the same. I quickly made her drink and handed it to her. The sparks shooting up my arm as her fingers grazed mine. "Are you okay?" I looked up at her and hadn't realized I was lost in thought. "Oh, yeah. Just tired." She smiled softly, my heart hammering against my rib cage. "I hope you get some better sleep tonight." I smiled at her, my brain running wild with thoughts. "Hopefully." She smiled and patted my hand making me almost shiver. "Have a good day." I nodded. "You too." She waved and left. Soph coughed making me jump. "She has a thing for you." I glared at her and shook my head. "Whatever." I stretched and felt my body stiffen. "I thought stretching was supposed to loosen your muscles." I whined as I tried stretching again. She laughed. "Guess when you have old bones it does the opposite." I threw one of the clean rags at her making her laugh harder. "Just so you know, I started packing my things. Let me know when a good time to come over is." I smiled, I forgot she was moving in. "You could come today if you're up to it?" She jumped up and grabbed my shoulders. "Duh! I'll text you when I'm on my way." I laughed at her excitement. "Alright."

I could feel things were changing for the better.