•Viola•

The day I first met Selene I knew immediately, the air smelt of lavender and vanilla before I even walked into the coffee shop. Her touch sent sparks through my arm and her smile made my heart melt. It was weird seeing her hang around Sophie and her acting like she had no clue who I was. I remember Soph mind linking me when I had walked in. 'She doesn't know about our world and I don't want her feeling awkward because we know each other.' I thought it was a weird yet reasonable request if it made Selene more comfortable.

I couldn't stop thinking about her dancing on me. I ran my hands over my face again and sighed. She saw something and I was going to figure it out. It was hard knowing she had no clue about my kind, that she wouldn't understand why I was so taken with her immediately. "Stop sighing, you're giving me a headache." I glared at Sophie. "I can't help it! I finally find my mate and my best friend is her best friend. You have to tell her at some point, Soph." She sat up straight and nodded her head. "I know, maybe if I show her she'll tell me who that woman was at the club." I smirked. "You mean me?" She shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest. "No, when we were getting in the cab a woman said her name. It made Sel get in the cab faster but when I asked if she knew her she said no. Obviously she fucking does and I'm going to bet it's her ex girlfriend." I glared. "Why is she here?" Sophie shrugged. "It seems recent so maybe she lives here." I groaned. "It just gets more complicated." Sophie shook her head. "I mean having an ex and then having that reaction? Something bad must have happened. She even moved!" I bit my lip and nodded. "If you find out could you let me know?" She immediately shook her head. "Hell no! She is my best friend, I don't care if you're the alpha or even if you're her mate. That's private information." I nodded my head. "That's fair, I respect that. Just let me know if I should send someone after her." She nodded her head and sighed. "I should get going, she's probably wondering what's taking me so long." I felt my face fall. I wanted to see her again. "You'll be able to see her soon." I sat up straight. "Find an excuse or something, throw a party, I don't know." That was a good idea. A party would be perfect! I nodded again and waved goodbye as she walked out of my office.

I paced around my office trying to think of ideas. What would be a good color scheme? Goddess she looked amazing in blue so that was definitely one of the colors. Maybe the theme would be midnight? I quickly ran over to my desk and grabbed my notepad, immediately writing down ideas that came to my head. Looking down at the pad of paper I smiled at the plan before me. Hoping that Sophie would at least tell her about our kind before I fully plan this party.

I became a regular at the coffee shop. Smiling every time I saw Selene. I put my hands in the pockets of my jeans and strolled through the open door. "Viola!" Selene smiled as I walked in, quickly starting my drink. "Hey!" She handed me the cup and gave me a soft smile. "How's your day?" I sighed. "Boring, how about yours?" She sighed and leaned against the counter. "Same." I really meant what I said about her work outfit looking cute, it was like anything she did was just perfect? That's a strong word but I don't care. She crossed her arms and pursed her lips. "Any plans for the day?" I groaned and set my drink down. "Unfortunately, I have a lot of paperwork and contracts to go through." She frowned and patted my hand, sending the now familiar sparks up my arm. "I'm sorry, you can do it! I believe in you!" I laughed. "Thanks." She nodded and cleaned up the station.

I had gone home and stared at the papers for what felt like hours. Was she hoping I wasn't doing anything? Was she going to say something else if I said I had nothing going on? I groaned and shook my head as I ran my hands over my face and leaned back in my leather chair. I needed to treat this like a person would...how would they do that? I chewed on my lip and sorted through the documents on the desk, I needed to focus. I couldn't just think about her. I had work to get done before I even think I about the plans for this party.