ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠: 𝕌𝕝𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕞

They stared at me

They stared at me.
I stared at them.

Slowly, it became uncomfortable. That's when I looked away from their eyes.

They were hurt and confused. I knew that.
But my decision is for the best.
This family doesn't need me to ruin everything, because that's exactly what I always do.

I don't know how to be good. All I know is how to survive.

When we ran away from the orphanage, I promised myself to never trust anyone but Ares and Theo.
I can't afford making that mistake ever again.

Subconsciously, I rubbed my neck.
The slight bump of scar tissue traveled all the way from the bottom of my ear to my stomach.

I'm sure they noticed the scar already, but didn't say anything.

I took notice of Joel.
He seemed out of place, scared out of his little mind.
Is he seriously a cop?

"Olive, " Amadeo insisted, talking to me as if I was crazy. "We can't just leave you here, we won't."

I narrowed my eyes at him.
"You won't? What gives you the right?"
And before he could respond, I shook my head and raised a finger angrily.
"And don't you dare telling me that you're my brother."

Me being kidnapped changes nothing.
I still lived alone my whole life, I still fought by myself.
I stand behind what I said before.

Blood means shit.

When he seemed stuck, I rolled my eyes and turned to face Joel.

"Listen here, detective, I want to continue the conversation we had before we were interrupted. I want a lawyer for my friends." I demanded.

There's no way they're getting out if not for this lawyer, because I'm pretty sure none of them have a secret family as well.

He glanced nervously at Alessandro and Amadeo, even though they were still looking at me.

"I, uh, I can offer the public attorney. But if they'll just corporate..." he danced, trying everything he could in order to prevent us from our right.

"Oh I'll corporate with your mother--" I hissed, ready to kick him in the face.

"I will bail your friends out."

I froze. Alessandro was looking at me with his intense gaze that I'm sure could make other people run the other way.

He's willing to bail them out?

"Why?" I asked cautiously. There's always a catch, and he better not think I can repay him.

"Because you are my sister, Olive." He leaned towards me.
His tone was fierce, and was trying desperately to make me believe him.
"If we'll leave you here, they'll send you to foster care. I can't have that."