ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝: ℂ𝕣𝕒𝕫𝕪

We drove in silent

We drove in silent.

Rivo gripped the steering wheel tightly, not glancing at me or at Santo once.
I have no idea where the mall is, so I don't know how long I'll have to suffer in this car.

We didn't talk about this morning's fight, and I was actually grateful for it.

A couple of minutes into the ride, I spotted a sign.
We're near Jace's Neighborhood.
I need to figure out which house is his, because this is the only way I'll be able to see my friends again.

God, I miss them.
I miss being able to drop my guard, to be able to stop over-thinking about everything.

I feel like that's all I've been doing since I came here.
My thoughts are nonstop, and I have no one to share them with.

I miss Theo's and Ares' snarky comments, their ability to make me laugh even in the worst situations ever.
And I miss our hugs. I miss our talks and our drunk parties.

I miss everything about them.

The car stopped, and I got pulled out of my bitter thoughts.
They both opened their doors simultaneously and stepped out.
Reluctantly, I followed.

"Damn." I muttered, looking at the building in front of me.
This place had to be the biggest mall on earth.
It was so big, i couldn't even tell where was the entrance.

God, rich people.

I hate to admit it, but every time I get a glimpse of what their lives are like, I get jealous.
How is that fair? Growing up, they had everything I wished for as a kid.

"Let's go." Rivo gestured towards the mall impatiently. "I have stuff to do."

I feel like a broken record, but what is his problem?

It's not like I want to be here, and Santo clearly looks like he'd rather get hit by a fucking truck, but like normal people we pretend that everything is alright.

Rivo definitely doesn't fall into this category.

He's infuriating and gets on my nerves.
He wants to start a fight? That's fine. He Just has to remember it takes two to tango.

I turned to face him with the fakest smile I could master. "Lead the way, princess."

In a second, his jaw clenched.
"What did you just call me?" he took a step towards me, his eyes narrowing as he does so.

But I just smirked.
Putting a hand on my heart, I looked at him with big eyes.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Did i offend you, your highness?"

"You little--" He seethed.
Rivo managed to take a few more steps before Santo made his way between us, blocking my hulk of a brother.
"Okay, I think we all need to take a deep breath." He spoke firmly, pushing his twin away.