ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟜: 𝕋𝕠𝕠 𝕙𝕚𝕘𝕙

I couldn't stop laughing

"You were mugged by two prostitutes?"

"On two separate occasions!" Theo defended, but then stopped to think. "I guess that makes it worse."

I was full on wheezing, coughing uncontrollably on the grass. "And you said that wasn't even the worst part! How?"

"Well, I'll tell you how." Ares threw some sand in Theo's direction, but thanks to the wind, it flew back straight to his face.

"See that? That's karma." Theo sneered, blowing some smoke out.
"We had absolutely no money left. Didn't even have enough for a bus ticket, so we had to catch a ride."

Oh man, this just keeps getting better.

"Stop laughing!" he smacked my head and narrowed his eyes. "Do you know what type of people drive to this place? Tell her, Ares."

"Tell her what?" He tilted his head to the side with a frown.
Theo groaned and smacked him too.
"Tell her what type of people drive- why are you not listening? Commit to the story telling!"

"Your mouth is moving, but all I can hear is a chihuahua barking." Ares blinked rapidly and looked down at the blunt in his hand. "How good is this stuff?"

"I can hear it too!" I gasped, and we looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Because there's a dog right there." Theo pointed at something behind us.
Huh, look at that. A chihuahua.

How did Ares know it was a chihuahua's bark?
What if that's his secret superpower, identifying dog species by their barking?

I eyed him suspiciously. What is he hiding from us?

"We switched six different cars, and every car was worse than the other." Theo turned my head, making me look him in the eye.

"We sat next to a junkie who believed he'll find his missing duck here. Side note, where did he get a duck? Never mind. Half way through the drive he saw a fucking pigeon and began driving after it." he rambled, waving his hands around.

My jaw hurts so much from laughing.
I can't believe that while I thought they died they were chasing a pigeon.
This is amazing.

"And let's not even start about the hooker's car. That's actually how we got robbed for the second time. You see, our buddy here-"

"Just shut up!" Ares tried to kick him, but his foot landed way too far.
He stared frozen for a moment at the air he just kicked before turning his head to Theo. "Did you just teleport?"

I knew it.
They both have superpowers, and they are plotting against me.
Breath deep, Olive. You just have to be smart about it.

"I want to be a cowboy." Theo whispered.
I leaned closer. Is that a code?

"I want a horse and I want to fall in love with a farmer boy and invent a talking cactus so our kids will have a best friend. Their names will be Harry, Ron and Hermione and-"