CHAPTER FOUR- LIES AND SECRETS

" Now you've got to tell me the reason why Nelly was acting all bizarre and warning me to stay away from you ", I question while enjoying my chocolate-flavoured ice cream with cherry toppings and sugary sprinklings. His jaws clenched and he was avoiding eye contact, which made things fishy. " Jay, I'm asking you something. You remaining quiet is bothering me. There's something that both of you are hiding from me ", I urge, but he remains silent and finishes his ice cream.

He checks his phone and then finally informs, " Bae, I've got some few things to do at Conrad's.... ". " Meaning you want me to go home ", I chip in and he sighs, running his right hand through his curly dark hair. I was right all along.

He is hiding something from me." You know what? You can do whatever the heck you want, I don't care. You can continue hiding from me. Let's go back and let me grab my purse. I think I left it. ", I finally speak up and then get up to leave without turning back to see if he is following. Soon we get home and I grab my purse and hurry out but he manages to catch up with me

" Rhea, are you mad at me? ", he asks and I roll my eyes at him, folding my arms and avoiding his gaze. " Look, babe, I'm sorry I can't disclose anything to you right now but then I can assure you that everything is completely fine okay? ", he utters and I squint at him in anger.

" So you're telling me you can't... You know what it's fine, I'm leaving ", I conclude and then walk out on him angrily. He doesn't stop me and a part of me wants to go back and persuade him, beg him but I feel he's just going to keep on being discrete about it. It upsets me that he's hiding something from me. I'm pretty sure it has to do with Nelly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's already 7:00 p.m. and Mom and Ariana still aren't home. I don't feel like cooking so I just order pizza and then take a quick shower and change into pyjamas. Soon the pizza delivery guy knocks at the door so I go for my package and then get myself a malt drink from the refrigerator and then take my food to the living room to enjoy.

I'm watching Vampire Diaries and eating when my phone rings. It's Tyson. I pick it up.

Tyson: Hey, Rhea

Me: Hey, Ty

Tyson: Have you heard anything from Jay?

Me: Huh?

Tyson: He promised to come and meet Conrad and me at my place. I've been trying to reach him but I'm not getting him. So I thought you might know where he is.

Me: Ty, he told me he was going to Conrad's earlier...

Ty: No, Connie's here with me.

Me : ( sigh) I can't believe...( fuming ) He lied to me...

Ty: You're his best friend, why on earth would he do that?

Me: I don't know. Aren't you also his favourite pal? You should have an idea of where he's going.

Ty : ( stresses "Oh come on ") Fine. I'll ask his other best pal.

Me: Conrad?

Ty: Nope. Conrad and I are clueless as to where he is. I'm talking about Liam.

Me: That playboy jerk from school?

Ty: Easy, sweetie, you don't have to hate him so much.

Me: For someone who tried to finger me during movie night at school, he deserves it.

Ty: Now, that was like three years ago. Back then you were Miss Hottie and every guy wanted you.

Me: Forget it, ask the jerk

Ty : ( wincing ) You still hold grudges, that's some fresh hatred you've got there.

Me : ( laughing ) I can punch him in the face anytime I set my eyes on him.

Ty : (laughs) I'll tell him to be on the lookout for you.

Me: And be in my bad books? You wouldn't dare.

Ty: Is that a threat?

Me : ( smirking ) Well, what do you think?

Ty: Fine, I'll call him and get back to you soon. Then if you see me, you can feel free to beat me to a pulp.

Me : (laughs) Okay, call me right after you're done.

Ty: Sure, Wonder Woman. ( cuts the line )

I sit there, fuming with immense anger. Why on earth would Jay lie to me and his favourite pals as well? I just couldn't seem to comprehend why. Then my phone rings again. I pick it up.

Me: Yeah?

Ty: Liam said he saw him with Nelly thirty minutes ago at Passion's Den.

Me: What on earth?! What is he doing there with her?

Ty: I refuse to think what I'm thinking, Riri.

Me: Well there's only one way to find out.

Ty: Get dressed, I'll pick you up in thirty minutes okay?

Me: Sure ( hang up )

I get up to put my unfinished snack into the refrigerator and then go to my room. I go in for a cute, black short dress to wear and then take off my bonnet and re-tie my hair, this time into a cute neat bun and then put on lipstick. Soon, Tyson comes around and I go and meet him outside my house after he calls to inform me he's here.

" You look stunning, sweetie ", he compliments. "Thanks, Ty, you don't look so bad yourself, " I comment and he gives me a dashing smile and then opens the passenger door for me to sit. Then he gets himself seated as well and then in a few seconds, his black Mercedes Benz drives us off to Passion's Den.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

" Oh come on baby girl, just order something," Ty insists and I give up and then decide to order the same thing he ordered - chicken and chips with ketchup sauce and grilled chicken and passion fruit flavoured drink.

Soon our orders arrive and we spy over two tables away from us. My heart quivers and aches when I see Jay sitting with Nelly, her hand on his, fluttering her long eyelashes flirtatiously and muttering to him. " Is something going on between them? ", Ty questions and I shrug. " I'm as clueless as you are, bruh ", I reply and then try hard to focus on eating my food.

" Uhh.. Sweetie, you're not gonna be happy with what I'm about to show you. ", Ty says in a hesitant voice and I look in his direction. What a small world!!! Mom is also at a different table, happily chattering with a man. They are flirting and I feel like puking right now. First, my best friend and now, my mom???

What a massive disaster!!!!!!!