CHAPTER FIVE - " We were just talking "

Tyson begs me to remain calm and seated but I can't. Instead, I walk over to Mom's talking and well, the only thing she can do is gasp in shock and ask, " What are you doing here, Rhea? ". Urghhhhhhhh!!!!! The audacity with which the man she's with looks at me even pisses me off more

" Ty asked me out, " I answered and then return her question, " " Well, what are you doing here? ". " Oh, uhh...mmm.. ", she falters but I interrupt, " I can see you already found yourself a replacement for Dad ". Then her forehead creases and her eyebrows snap together. " How can you say such a thing, we're just talking ", she denies and I laugh and then turn to look at the man.

" Did my mom even tell you she has kids and is a married woman? ", I accuse and his jaw tightens as his eyes bore into me like a laser. " I know your dad is dead, Rhea ", he speaks up and I am about to utter a word when Tyson squeezes my arms and then says, " Sorry Ma'am and Sir if you'll excuse both of us... " " Sure ", my mom quickly chips in, sighing in relief that Tyson interrupted.

I follow Tyson back to the table and then glare at him angrily
till he breaks the awkward silence. " Look here, sweetie, you don't have to be a spoilsport. Your mom is out with someone. You can't just conclude stuff and then confront both of them, especially in a public place, you're just making a scene, okay ?".

Then I exhale and then clamp my eyes shut, trying to keep a calm composure. When I open my eyes to look back in Jay and Nelly's direction only to see empty seats, Tyson speaks, " Oh those two... They booked a room. I got the info from the receptionist, he's a friend of mine ".

" What on earth is going on? And why would they book a room? ", I question and Tyson laughs. " Well, I refuse to believe they're going to... But then it's obvious they are, so.... ", he says.

My eyes start to well up with tears but I hold back and then I plaster a smile as I watch Tyson eat. He stops to look at me and then says " Now come on, sweetie . Don't tell me you're not going to finish that just because you saw your best friend out with your other best friend and your mom with some random guy ".

Then I burst into tears and then Tyson comes to my side, kneeling in front of me. " Sweetie, are you crying? Stop, don't do this to yourself ', he mutters softly, drying the tears flowing down my cheeks with a tissue and cupping my face with his hands.

" You're going to be fine, okay? I promise you that, " he assures and I nod, looking deep into his promising, light brown eyes. I sniff sadly and then he gets up and then then starts feeding me. When we're done, we drive back to my place and he's about to leave when I beg him to stay with me. " Please don't leave me, I'm feeling so heavy and hurt", I beg and then burst into tears again.

He follows me inside and then we sit in the living room as I curl up in his arms and weep like a baby. He pulls me close and then soothes me, whispering that everything will be fine. Then we remain in that position till I notice his tuxedo pants are dirty because he knelt earlier at the hotel.

I got up and then went into my store room to take out my late dad's pyjamas. I still kept my dad's belongings even though Mom wanted to throw them away. I offer them to Ty and he raises an eyebrow questionly and I nod.

"I'll give you some space so you can change, " I say softly and then go to my room for some minutes and then come back to see Ty in Dad's Pj downs, but bare-chested.

" Come on, put the top on ", I laugh, covering my face with my hands and he comes close to me, putting my hands down so I can look at him. " Come on, sweetie, enjoy the view", he teases and I try to avert my gaze from him but he tickles me and I laugh

Soon we ran around the room, laughing and chattering. " Stop running Riri, it's of no use, I'll still catch you ", he boasts and I laugh, still running around. " Just because you've got an athletic body doesn't mean I'll just surrender, I'll keep running ", I giggle and then he manages to get a grip on my arm and I squeal loudly.

" Leave me!!! ", I squeal but he ignores me and then tickles me. I laugh and laugh till my insides hurt. Then we sit down to play truth or dare since he suggests it. " Truth or Dare? ", I ask and he says the truth. " First crush? ", I question and he laughs and answers, " You. "

" Stop joking, Ty. You're not supposed to lie", I scold and he laughs. " Riri, don't pretend you don't know I was crushing on you when you were ten. Remember when I wrote a love note and gave it to Jessica? ", he reminded and I nodded. " It was actually for you. I told her to give it to you but she didn't. Instead, she told me she liked me and lied to you that I wrote it to her ", he continued.

That liar. Even when we were best friends, she was so annoying. She always bragged about Tyson sending her gifts and stuff. Well, it's surprising how fast time flies and how she's now my bully and nemesis.

" So why didn't you just tell me? " I asked, biting my bottom lip tenderly and battering my eyelashes slowly. " Because you liked someone else, plus I was shy too ", he admitted. "Who? ", I question with a frown and he responds laughing, " Jay".

I roll my eyes and he laughs. " Come on, you wanted him to notice you badly. I overheard you telling Nelly that you were in love with him. That was like... When you were thirteen ". " And well, voíla, he's now your best friend. ".

" Let's stop talking about him, " I beg and he agrees and then I get up to take the pizza I left in the fridge as well as the unfinished drink and another new drink for Ty.

"I suppose this is dessert", he joked and I laughed, sitting close to him then he turned on the TV and we decided to watch The Duff.

We enjoy our snack and we banter and well... Ty kinda leans in to kiss me but I slowly turn away. It's kinda awkward but I apologize and he's okay with it so I just let him cuddle me while we watch the movie as compensation for turning his kiss down.