CHAPTER SEVEN- AN ALLY

" Hey, " she greets sitting next to me with her lunch on her tray. Like heck! where did I sleep last night?

" What do you want?" I grumble, biting into my burger and taking a sip of my grape juice drink. " Oh come on. Not a nice way of welcoming a new friend, is it ?", she questions and I scowl.

" You can be anything worse but a friend? Nah... you're one of the toys that stick to her side like you don't have any aim ", I snap and attempt to carry my tray and leave but she stops me.

" Please... hear me out... I'm begging you", she pleads and I sigh, sitting back down to listen to her.

" I know you're hurt by the cruel things we did to you and I'm so sorry about that. I know Jessica has been so mean to you.... ", she starts but then I get up and then snap, "Look bitch, I don't have any idea what you and your cohorts are up to this time. I don't even care that you've been sent to me. For all we know, you're probably up to something despicable. However, I have so much on my plate right now so leave me the fuck alone, okay ".

I pick up my tray to leave to find another seat when I see Ty approaching. My heart kinda skips a beat when our eyes meet.

"Look, sweetie. You really have to listen to Michaela. I know you're thinking she's trapping you but she really isn't . Just give her a chance to explain herself", he pleads on her behalf and I growl, sitting back down to finish my lunch and hear what the "frenemy" has to say.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I really can't believe that the actual villain all along is my own best friend, Nelly. I'm trying so hard to understand why she'd hate me so much enough to team up with my bully and plan conspiracies against me.

I dab my tear-stained, red-flushed face with my handkerchief and still ponder over what Michaela spilled to us.

I try to think of a million reasons for this betrayal but I can't figure out what I've done to deserve this. Or maybe it was because of.... him.

I wince in pain and burst into more tears when Michaela adds, " It's kinda creepy and marvelling that she's hanging around with Jay. She always used to stalk him but he just wasn't interested and then... Boom... They're both vibing and lurking around together like they are paper and glue. They're probably fucking or if not maybe doing more than that. Maybe... dating. "

" So sorry, I didn't mean for it to hurt you", she apologizes and I tell her not to and let Ty pull me close to him and comfort me. I don't know how I'd ever survived all this bombshell being thrown at me without him being there for me.

Soon Conrad comes to our table and I ask him if he's seen Jay around. " Nah, homie's gone ghost on us ever since he started hanging around with that girl. We hardly vibe these days. ", he responds.

No.... No.. No... I still can't get why Jay would go ghost on us just because he was hanging out with that pathetic lizard.

Then it hit me. I had to confront him on this one. I had to also go to that two-faced bitch and give her my piece of mind as well.

I quickly get up to leave as soon as we're done with lunch and Conrad and Tyson ask I'm unison, " Where are you going? ".
"To get answers. I need a thorough explanation for this. I'll go nuts if I just sit there and watch things get worse. ", I respond and leave the cafeteria in search of Jay and Nelly.

I look entirely everywhere and ask of the two but I don't find them anywhere. I later get to know that they went out of campus and haven't returned since.

They missed a couple of classes and that is very unusual of Jay since he never misses class. For Nelly, she always hated coming to class so I wasn't surprised at all.

I just hated how she was becoming a bad influence on him. I can't even focus in class at all. My mind keeps wandering as a result of anxiety and jealousy.

Finally, the siren blows for closing and I head to the basketball court to get Tyson. I really need to talk to someone and I'm more than glad he's always there when I need him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *