2 || Prologue • Fleet Admiral Kōri

"They had done it

"They had done it... May God have mercy on us all."

_____________

April 2032

Seto Inland Sea (near Hiroshima), Japan

It is a calm, sunny day at the sea. We can see the entire upgraded United States 7th Fleet sailing towards the exit, into the Pacific Ocean to the south. With over 70 ships, almost a mix of new generation and old 2010 types of aircraft ranging from 150 to over 200 aircraft, and nearly 300,000 sailors and marines on board.

Their commander...?

Meet Fleet Admiral Y/N Kōri, the youngest holder of the said position in this generation. At the age of 31, he was awarded many ribbons and medals in his time of service since he was 18 years old. Born to a Japanese mother and an American father in San Francisco, his father once fought in the Gulf War and the Balkans back in the 2000s.

Nowadays, FA Kōri is known to be cold, and strict, yet a protective leader and approachable when it comes to off-duty.

His flagship was the new generation of the America-class Stealth Aircraft Carrier named, the USS Constitution. The name referred to the old, wooden-hulled USS Constitution back in 1797.

 The name referred to the old, wooden-hulled USS Constitution back in 1797

Main parts or the skeleton of the USS Constitution

The model shown here, has a length of 302 meters, a max beam of 78 meters, and a displacement (when fully loaded) of around 82,000 tons.

It has two flight decks in a CATOBAR configuration, using the US electromagnetic (EMALS) launch system to launch aircraft. The lower flight deck can be used to launch and store UCAVs and manned aircraft, while the exposed upper flight deck can be used as an extra deck if necessary, to launch manned aircraft.

Aircraft can only land on the angled landing strip on the upper deck, which has retractable arresting gear only exposed when aircraft have to land on the carrier, to minimize radar reflection when no aircraft needs to be recovered.