13 || Sneaky Sneaky...

_________

_________

1st Person PoV

"Aaaahh~ Finally, paperworks are done."

I stretched my legs and my arms while I lean over to my chair. Belfast is assisting me to sort out the remaining papers in folders as Enterprise and Vestal enters the room.

"Commander." They both saluted. I nodded and gestured them both to be at ease.

"How are the sister ships, Ping Hai and Ning Hai?" I ask. Enterprise looked at Vestal as she explains.

"Their ships are still in our docks undergoing repairs. Akashi and I worked overnight to fix the damages with the help of the Manjuus around. Thankfully, Ping Hai didn't suffer heavy damages unlike her sister who got a nasty hit in the engine part of her ship."

"So that's the reason of the oil leak." I muttered.

"Correct." Vestal nodded.  "Some of her boilers had been changed last night."

"Their physical bodies?" I ask.

"Recovering." Vestal replied fast. "Give them a week and they'll be back to their normal strengths."

"I see. Thanks for helping them, Vestal."

Vestal nodded. "It is my duty to serve, Commander."

"You can now go back to your medical duties."

She gave me a snappy salute and left the room, not long before she shortly glancing at Enterprise with a smile.

"Well?" I tilted my head, looking at the renowned aircraft carrier. "Care to explain why'd you lied to me that your hangar deck were not okay that night?"

"Commander..." She bit her lip, avoiding my gaze. "I-"

"-was looking out for my fellow Kansen." I already knew what she'll say as I cut her off. "Yes, yes. I know that. But you must remember that this is NOT just about YOU, Enterprise. You should not carry all of their burden. Especially your sister, Yorktown."

That caught her in the corner and remained silent. I continued.

"Look." I sighed. "I know that it is been hard for you and the girls this past month. You are frantic, of course, but please, try to relax and allow us to help you. Don't cause Vestal anymore headaches and so am I."

She stared at me as silence fills between us.

"Please?"

Enterprise gave in. "Yes, Commander. I apologize for lying about my medical records and for nearly jeopardizing the operation. I am... truly sorry."

Finally...

"Apology accepted." I nodded. "But with apology comes punishment."

"I will accept anything, sir."