7 || Battle Stations!

________

________

1st Person PoV

"W-Wait a minute, Commander! You can't just-!"

I interrupted San Diego's protest as I turned around once more for a brief second and glared at her as a warning.

"As the newest Commander of Azur Lane, you have your orders, San Diego. Follow Cleveland at once!" I cemented my order, causing her to concede with a salute before she hastily ran off in retreat.

I sighed after at the girl's worrisome look to me.

As I took a brisk walk across the docks, I finally reached where the USS Constitution, my ship, is docked off.

I stopped and looked up at the giant metal ship resting afar. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and concentrated heavily, imagining the ship's image to become one with me.

I opened my mouth and spoke, "Merge!" as I jumped for the waters below.

Hundreds of miniature white cubes glowed from the ship's deck as it fluttered around the now diminishing ship and now are coming after me.

I spread my arms wide as my sabre appeared on ny waist, still on its own scabbard. Partnering it off with my revolver, it conjures to my left, hidden on its leather holster.

My shoulder badges were replaced with the ship's badge as two floating runways hovered around my back like I was a winged hussar, riding a horse.

The ship's radar locked itself in a form of an earpiece, patched onto my right ear as I can hear a loud ping noises of a radar sweep.

Below my ankle, riggings of the Constitution formed, thus formally completing my morphing sequence, which I liked to call on now.

"Good." I said with a satisfied smirk and glided through the waters. "USS Constitution is now on track." I mused to myself and hurried off to the Azur Lane's main dockyard.

.

.

.

I was busy watching the seas as I reached the dockyard, where Cleveland, - from earlier - had assembled an ample number of shipgirls, mostly are from the Royal Navy.

"Cleveland!" I yelled as I reached the shores, not even had the idea to get back to land, only for the girls to stare at me in surprise.

Yeah... It might be weird for them to see a person like me floating above the waters like the Son of God, Jesus himself.

"Is this everyone?" I asked, Cleveland grimly nodded.

"I assembled who I could gather, Commander! Some of the girls are wary that if they leave the base, it would be attacked again."

Technically, she's right in a sense.

"I understand." Nodding at Cleveland, I then notices Prince of Wales is staring at me.