prologue

-Skylar-

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

Suddenly the loud piercing sounds from my alarm rudely interrupted my sleep.

Light intruded my room from the somewhat opened curtains. I toss my body around as I try to avoid my windows.

Bring my hand underneath my pillow, allowed myself to finally resume being comfortable as I began to drifting off once again.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

"FINE!" My eyes shot open, and with a sudden sharp movement I slammed my hand on my phone and quickly brought it near my face.

I was soon blinded from the harsh light. After a few seconds of adjustments to how far away my phone was from my face, my blurry vision began to fade away. I lay puzzled, staring at the flashing light. I immediately regret my decision to press the 'off' button, the snooze button seemed so tempting and I wasn't prepared to get up.

Throwing my comforter off, the brist air came across my skin and a chill rushed through my body.

I swung my legs onto the ground and lifted myself into a sitting position. With a yawn, I stretched my upper body, extending my arms and squinting my eyes. My toes curled into the carpet beneath and I turned myself slightly as I struggle to find my phone which seemed to have gotten lost in the sheets.

With one swift movement I took a hold of my phone and brought it into view. Pressing the power button, it revealed several notifications from countless friends and tweets. At the top of the list of notifications, in bold letters, read 'Chad'. I unlocked my phone (with my difficult pin code of '4321') and opened the message I had received from him.

'From Chad:
Hey, I have to talk to u today!! Its important. K thx. C u later.'

I sat confused, staring at the typing bar blinking on and off as it waited for me to type a message.