chapter two

-Skylar-

At concerts I always end up paying a buttload of money, and making myself feel guilty.

So I'll just bring 20 bucks.

I stuffed the wrinkly 20 dollar bill into the right cup of my bra, hoping I won't lose it with me jumping around everywhere.

What blows everyone's minds about live music anyway?

I mean it was cool in the 70s before we had the technological capability to record sound. You could just invite a friend over and click one button to listen to any music ever instantly. But I'm not complaining, some concerts are fun, like Fall Out Boy or Blink-182 concerts.

However, I don't even know any of the songs the band is playing.

Now that I think about it... I don't know very much of the band at all. Mostly because I don't have the money to spend on iTunes and I'm too stupid for downloading music illegally. And I can't figure out how to sync my Spotify account properly to my phone when it's offline and the whole thing is a nightmare.

But, I have to say, I'm not into the whole boy band pop thing. I usually listen to AC/DC or Green Day, with a little Artic Monkeys. So I haven't really given them a chance.

Maybe I'll call Chad and tell him its going to be awkward...

"SKYLAR. Your boyfriend is here!" My mom yells from down stairs, before I even get a chance to bail.

"You know he isn't my boyfriend." I say as I run down stairs and fix my shorts.

"Yeah I know, but I just like saying you have a boyfriend."

"Shut up mom." I peck her cheek before opening the door, "oh hey I'm gonna sleep over at his house if that's O.K."

"Yeah sweetheart. Just no sex."

"Got it." I chuckle as I run to the car and jump inside.

People always immediately jump on the 'one of you love the other' bus, but that has never been the case. He is my best friend, and strictly that.

"Hey." Chad smiles and starts the engine, "nice outfit." He eyed me up and down.

"I wasn't sure what to wear." I fidgit with my dark wash shorts and Green Day shirt that had one or more holes.

"Do you like my hair or is it a little too much?" I flip the sun visor down and look at myself inside the tiny mirror.

I decided to crimp my hair instead of curling it, because my curls would have gotten fucked up at the concert.

"You look great. Trust me."

....................

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I yell grabbing the dash board, "That was a red light!"

"Relax. You gave me a heartache." He grabs his chest as he breathes heavily, "no one was even there."

He turns the corner into parking lot. The car began to rumble from the bass coming from the stage. The concert had already started from the looks of it.

"O.K. we're here." Chad parks the car and grabs the tickets from under his seat.

"OMG! I'm going to be standing there like a dummy because I don't know the lyrics." I whined as I had last minute regrets and shove my face into my hands.

"You'll be fine."

"But, everyone around us is going to be singing along at the top of their lungs. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I'm gonna look stupid."